Port Stephens- What A Year It’s Been

Scratchie

G’day raiders, 

What a different year it has been for everyone. From bushfires, to floods to a worldwide pandemic! But like all fishraiders do, we have taken it in our stride and pushed on with the adversities that we have faced and have continued with our passion of fishing and got out there when we could and done our best! For me, I’ve ticked a few boxes and continued to “just keep casting”. 
A few highlights this year for me has been firstly the birth of my first grandchild and what a beautiful little girl she is. ❤️ 
Then I managed to get my mugshot in the “fish monthly” magazine and then the podcast I did with “Australian lure fishing . Com. 
Add that to the my pb of a 95cm snapper, quite a few of whiskers brothers and to finish it off with an unexpected yellow fin tuna. Well I think that’s a pretty awesome year! 
There has also been the many raiders that I have caught up with this year, it’s actually been a big year! 
I know not everyone has been as fortunate during these times but I hope that some of my reports were entertaining and a break from the daily grind. 
Let’s hope we can have a more positive year in 2021. I also hope I can catch up with many more of you soon and I wish you all tight lines in the future! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

B4B4C776-C725-4210-9E90-FA005DFC0896.thumb.jpeg.b3e7f3070b3c19780c68b83d489a0ecb.jpeg

C5C4DBDA-66BB-4C18-B9F8-2272F2E344E8.thumb.jpeg.6c3b3320f5bb1f453aeb4075091c70cf.jpeg

84BC5B5D-2229-48A3-B1F7-E57E7582F1F5.thumb.png.b63d4ac195418a83380f3a775eafef54.png

• Like 15

Well Done Jeff,

Have thoroughly enjoyed your posts this year form Broughton Island.

Some very impressive fish there mate.

Maybe this year we will get the chance to come fish your area and learn a few tricks!

Regards, Toby.

• Like 1

Super photos. Well done. Great posts through out the year and thanks for all the Info you put on the Forum.

This time last year I spraying my property with water as the bush fires were approaching. 

What a difference a year makes.

Cheers

• Like 1

Yes you've had quite a year - congrats on becoming a grandad by the way - did get a measure on her? ha.

Be assured your posts have made a crappy year much more bearable and unlike many successful fishermen you are happy to share your knowledge - a wonderful attribute and you deserve the notoriety. I also enjoyed your podcast which has led me to listening to many more of that series!

Happy New Year to you and all Fishraiders!

Fil

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Post office wall material  some of them fotos   hahaha  ordinary year  fair few nice fish  im hopin to beat my snapper record this year   here whiskers

Cheers Rick! And good luck with the PB. That’s a fair target 🤙

13 hours ago, tobycb said:

Well Done Jeff,

Have thoroughly enjoyed your posts this year form Broughton Island.

Some very impressive fish there mate.

Maybe this year we will get the chance to come fish your area and learn a few tricks!

Regards, Toby.

Thanks Toby! Would be good to have a “meet up” this year but unfortunately we’ll let the government determine that. 

12 hours ago, Rebel said:

Super photos. Well done. Great posts through out the year and thanks for all the Info you put on the Forum.

This time last year I spraying my property with water as the bush fires were approaching. 

What a difference a year makes.

Cheers

Thanks rebel. It’s been a crazy year that’s for sure! 

12 hours ago, LuckyFil said:

Yes you've had quite a year - congrats on becoming a grandad by the way - did get a measure on her? ha.

Be assured your posts have made a crappy year much more bearable and unlike many successful fishermen you are happy to share your knowledge - a wonderful attribute and you deserve the notoriety. I also enjoyed your podcast which has led me to listening to many more of that series!

Happy New Year to you and all Fishraiders!

Fil

Thanks very much Fil. It certainly has been quite a year with a lot of confusion. I think it’s made us all look to what is important in our lives. For me, fishing is a big part of the de-stress so I just enjoy every moment I’m out there!