Final fish for 2020

Fishingwazza2019

New year's Eve , so decided I needed to wet a line for the last day of 2020.  Bit of a late start, but at least no queues are Woy Woy ramp.

Forecast was not good, but regardless the plan was to head to 40mt marks out of Broken Bay for flathead, and if no luck come back in around Pittwater. 

Well, unfortunately the weatherman was correct for once .. swell  1.5mtrs plus from the south east with 6 second period, but wind not too bad around 10+ knots I expect. This  wasn't going to be very comfortable for sure.

But I stuck to the plan (yeah bit crazy .. I can hear you say) , and headed out slowly not getting over 10 knots .. Been out in a lot worse I thought, so decided to continue and after setting up for the drift and putting out the sea anchor, dropped first line in around 10am, which was hit with a double hook up of two keepers .. a 40cm and a 50cm. So thought this might be a good day , apart from having to watch every wave, and getting just a little bounced around.

Seas came up a bit more as did the wind, so after being knocked around for a couple of hours, feeling a bit worn out, having 7 keepers (38-50cms) and having the leather jackets move in (lost two rigs),  decided bagging out can wait for another day and started the slow trip back in, riding and watching the waves. 

On way in, lost all power to sounders GPS etc .. bit of water I expect .. oh well , something to look at today .. 

Sorry no pictures, I cleaned and filleted before thinking. 

Happy New Year to all .. Hope 2021 is a good one  .. Tight Lines...

• Like 2