Traditional or HWS

nutsaboutfishing

I’ve asked the question in other places and I’ve got the answer “depends on the type of fishing”

so what do people prefer, Traditional front weighted jig heads or hidden weight system and why and when. 
One observation I’ve made is while HWS falls at a more horizontal and slower rate, and thus stays in the strike zone longer, this imparts less action to the SP tail which may make it not as obvious to fish

thoughts??

I use both, as stated "depends on the type of fishing"........ mostly use the traditional front weighted heads because I'm hopping and twitching the plastic or wanting it to ink down along structure with plenty of action

I use the HWS when using plastics for murray cod, because I use an extremely slow roll retrieve the plastic tracks nice and evenly through the water 

I think HWS is more a nice new marketing term than a 'system' - in addition to 25+ existing TT jig heads designs.  I fish with front weighted jigheads in 'open area'. And use weedless jig hooks near structure/snags/weed - custom sinking speed can be achieved by easily attaching lead splitshots on the bottom of the weedless hook, angle of sinking - by moving them (center of gravity)  to the hook front or back. And it is much easier to rig it on most Zman SPs.

• Like 1

HWS for a horizontal slow sink with critter SP,s around pontoons, pylons and oyster racks. Get them appendages wobbling.     I pull a lot of flathead out of Mangroves and across rock bars. Weedless has been working well for me !! 

Howard.