Cheeky Sunday arvo sesh on the harbour

Nyxy

Hi Raiders, been a while since I last posted but hopefully my reports will become more frequent.

Went out on Sunday arvo with dad on the 28th, hoping to get some bustup action. The chop around darling Harbour was disgusting but once we were past the zoo it was much better. We scouted around the Navy ships to no avail so we stopped by one of the ferry channel markers and dropped metals. I was using a Kato jigging metal with only assist hooks on my Abu-garcia ambassaduer combo with 20lb braid(ALDI stuff) and 20lb fluorocarbon leader. After 5 minutes of jigging I was on. The hit wasn't as aggressive as I thought it would've been so initially I didn't think I had anything to spectacular on. As the time went by it kept getting heavier and heavier, then I realised it was a kingie (making me relieved I had retied the leader on). After about ten minutes of back and forth she was in the net. She broke the previous largest kingie in the boat and my PB from 72cm to 84cm. After a short celebration we were back at it but couldn't get another. After chasing a school of kingfish/salmon around shark island which were pushed down by a ferry and not getting any we decided to anchor up at another marker. With only catching one legal flattie, little pinkies and a ray another couple hours later the decision to go back home was made. 

Hopefully I haven't faffed on too much.

IMG_20210303_140439.jpg

FB_IMG_1614724773652.jpg

FB_IMG_1614724787864.jpg

FB_IMG_1614724792209.jpg

• Like 12