Porthacking post rains

Blade

Hi Raiders, 

I was thinking of getting out for a fish in bate Bay this weekend and next week (have leave booked) Understanding that Hacking will be  mess with the rain is it worth giving it a go or am I better off postponing my leave to the following week? 

Advice appreciated. 

although the hacking don't get near as much logs and other crap floating around in the system like the Georges, Hawksbury, it wouldn't be worth the risk. Especially with the amount of rainfall we have had.

the fishing would of quietened up abit as well with the systems flushing out.

• Thanks 1

I imagine that ph will be a wright off for a week or so after the rain stops.   I'm busting to get out in Bate bay to get the fam a feed of flatties even though I don't prefer that kind of fishing but I haven't been out for ages and getting a bit desperate.  Before the rain there were plenty of flatties out there though you had to throw a lot of little ones back, as well as there being a few dollies on the fads.  Hell, I would even be happy stocking up on slimies for jew bait if they are still out there.   Unfortunately I think it will take a long time for the sqid to make a comeback.   Good luck.  Ron 

• Thanks 1

I am not looking to fish the hacking. I would launch probably at Wallys Wharf and head straight out (slowly of course just in case) I would then fish the back of the bommie out to about 100m of water. 

I was thinking it would be okay out there?

1 hour ago, Blade said:

I am not looking to fish the hacking. I would launch probably at Wallys Wharf and head straight out (slowly of course just in case) I would then fish the back of the bommie out to about 100m of water. 

I was thinking it would be okay out there?

There is currently a "DON'T GO BOATING" alert issued, due to the dangerous conditions. Not just the ocean condition, the debris and also there is likely to be almost anything floating around. Very hard to see any floating hazards with the discoloured water at "fisherman's hour" pre dawn.

Jibbon would be breaking big time for a while yet.

11 hours ago, wazatherfisherman said:

There is currently a "DON'T GO BOATING" alert issued, due to the dangerous conditions. Not just the ocean condition, the debris and also there is likely to be almost anything floating around. Very hard to see any floating hazards with the discoloured water at "fisherman's hour" pre dawn.

Jibbon would be breaking big time for a while yet.