Exercise during 1 week lockdown

DerekD

So the big news in the papers was the lock down for people living or working (in the last 2 weeks) in the Local Government areas of Woollahra, Waverley, City of Sydney and Randwick.

Anyone under these conditions must stay home till Friday the 2nd of July (may be extended). As previously, there are some special exceptions to this and that includes exercise.

Do you think fishing classifies as passive exercise again??

PS. I've been impressed at how many people have gotten (back) into fishing since Covid started.

Edited by DerekD

I don't see why there would be any change in the definition this time around. I plan to go fishing until I'm told I can't. The NSW government web site doesn't exclude fishing from being passive exercise. I worked in the city for one day last week.

Edited by Itchin'faFishin'
Clarification

37 minutes ago, Itchin'faFishin' said:

I don't see why there would be any change in the definition this time around. I plan to go fishing until I'm told I can't. The NSW government web site doesn't exclude fishing from being passive exercise. I worked in the city for one day last week.

I think in principal your right but again we are all thrown into confusion over what is not a well expressed definition of the term!

I guess we will find out soon enough when people either get fined or not??

But its not good enough really, there should be better clarification for sure!!

This pandemic has had many lockdowns, restrictions and public health orders.

Yes fishing can be exercising but only if you can observe the orders. If you do not then expect a big fine at any time police stop you. 

Below are the 4 LGA’s (local government areas) where you must STAY AY HOME unless you really need to go out.

There are a list of reasons that persons can leave their homes.

Limit unnecessary activities and avoid large  crowds.

Do not enter/exit these LGA’s unless for essential reasons. 

Wear masks, hand washing and sanitising and socially distance. QR code check in everywhere you go and have the CovidSafe app on your smartphone. 

All of the above measures should be very well understood by now and we all have a responsibility to make sure we follow the instructions. There should be no confusion. 

We are very lucky that we have no cases in ICU’s or on ventilators. There are one or two in hospital as a precaution. 

Check the states or NSW health and Australian Health websites for all the info on Covid-19. 

Lastly, if you are eligible go and get a Covid-19 vaccination. A fully vaccinated global population will get this virus under control. 

It’s a very short period of time so think about if you really need to go fishing. Looks a bit rainy next week anyway! 

2A74C890-0BAD-40E1-8A1E-8A6B6D671518.jpeg510EC002-3135-4634-913B-93D74F5928B2.jpeg2077691B-1BE3-494D-BFCC-16FBFEE052C5.jpeg

• Like 6