Covid Lockdown Activities

JimT

OK for those who can reach water within 10km from home enjoy yourselves. Less fishos means more fish per person. Expect to see some nice hauls. For the rest of us....

time to do some maintenance, repairs, refurbishments, etc etc How about some tutorials on reel repairs, rod building, making floats/sinkers, flies, plastics, lures 

food for thought

Jim

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, motiondave said:

Flipping cold, I was out in garage digging but too damn cold, so I'm under a doona on the lounge instead. 

Nothing really to do...

I'm within 10 km of a ramp and could take boat out..but...

Dave, 

You can always fire up the PC for some gaming 😀

I think the weather is going to be crap anyhow so it’s watching motor racing for me and tinkering in the shed - still be planning a trip as fishing is never off my mind :1fishing1:. But my thoughts are with those on the front line dealing with this - and no I don’t mean politicians 😡

• Like 4

Jeez that’s a bugger mate , hope you find a new job real soon ! I count my lucky stars every day as I work in the waste industry so even though we have had a massive downturn in work we have to keep going.
I don’t play games as much as I used to coz it was costing me too much in PlayStation and Xbox controllers - I tend to get frustrated and kill them 🤣

If you want to try something that is really mind numbing play either the Rapala fishing or cabella hunting games - probably 20yrs vintage - if you think you are bored now wait till you try those 🤣

34 minutes ago, motiondave said:

Casuals still come and go depending on work quantity.

I've been full time for 9 years but the last 12 months with my knee have been hell and they have been pushing me to breaking limit because they would rather I leave than change my work duties for a few months to get it treated properly. 

Sometimes you just have to think yourself lucky

In a 12 month period due to covid I ended up working 7.5 weeks.

The rest was on job keeper that dwindled into not even covering my rent.

Still I feel lucky I was able to keep a roof over my head!!

Luckily as the tide turned(pun intended 😁) & business to the hospitality industry was returning I managed to get a fulltime job 3 months ago which I gladly took because I wanted security as I know things could have changed in an instant...................fast forward to now & again I feel lucky becuase for now I have been retained with the other 120 fulltime workers even though there has been no money coming in the door since days before the lockdown.

That can only go so far.

In the interim all my old fellow casual workers have been put off with no money coming in for 3 weeks & no word when they will get a single shift!

If this lockdown goes on for much longer I will have no doubt there will be a lot of people in the firing line.

Oh, and I cant help myself, most things in life either reminds me of a Seinfeld, Simpsons or 3&1/2 men episode.

In this case its the self medicating Pharmacist on 3.5men 😂

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 1