Good fishing spots, Molonglo River, Canberra

KhalidMSyed

7 hours ago, Ganguddy Goodoo said:

99% sure that area is in a nature reserve so no dramas with access. Depending on which way you come from there is either a walk for a couple of km along the river or a walk down a bit of a hill on a graded walking track past the poo farm. 

Good on you Khalid for getting out there in this weather and river height. That is a nice looking cod.

Thanks mate. Yes, it is a nature reserve.

• 3 months later...

Hi All. Have not been posting here for a while due to laziness and have 2 new video reports to share. Here is the first one which is from spot #1 as shown in the map at the top of this thread:

Edited by KhalidMSyed
  • Like 3

Great video Khalid - You should be called the Granite Gremlin with your ability to get in to those tight spots as well as get the fish out. Well done. (Both barells (shotgun) is best to deposit carp on the bank)

8 minutes ago, Hoods said:

Great video Khalid - You should be called the Granite Gremlin with your ability to get in to those tight spots as well as get the fish out. Well done. (Both barells (shotgun) is best to deposit carp on the bank)

🙂 Thanks mate. Well, I have slipped and fallen a few times but luckily no serious injury so far.

• 3 months later...

Hi Khalid. Another quality video from Molonglo with a good, healthy Murray Cod caught. I see what you mean about the steep bank... I fish a couple of steep banks when the water is low enough. I am a lot less steady on my feet than you are, so I compensate by tying a long rope at the top of the bank and use it to move up and down the bank. I put knots in it (every metre} and that allows me the ability to move up and down without falling. I wouldn't be able to go there otherwise.

Is the Molonglo still at that height? The Murrumbidgee is right up on the bank, and has been for months.

Cheers, bn

4 hours ago, big Neil said:

Hi Khalid. Another quality video from Molonglo with a good, healthy Murray Cod caught. I see what you mean about the steep bank... I fish a couple of steep banks when the water is low enough. I am a lot less steady on my feet than you are, so I compensate by tying a long rope at the top of the bank and use it to move up and down the bank. I put knots in it (every metre} and that allows me the ability to move up and down without falling. I wouldn't be able to go there otherwise.

Is the Molonglo still at that height? The Murrumbidgee is right up on the bank, and has been for months.

Cheers, bn

Thanks mate.
Amazing that you use a knotted rope to access steep banks, shows the level of dedication.
Yes, Molonglo is still at that height and has been like that for a while now.

• Thanks 1