HUNTER COVID LOCKDOWN - 5pm

mrsswordfisherman

The affected local government areas are Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Maitland, Port Stephens, Cessnock, Dungog, Singleton and Muswellbrook.

Ms Berejiklian said the lockdown was expected to continue until midnight on August 12.

"These community leaders and local leaders are being advised of this," Ms Berejiklian said.

"That [lockdown] will commence at 5:00pm tonight and go until midnight next Thursday, so a week, similar to what occurred in Orange and hopefully, similar to what occurred in Orange, we'll see that community have their restrictions or stay-at-home [orders] lifted at that time."

The lockdown conditions will be the same as the lockdown in Greater Sydney and its surrounds.

People will only be able to leave home for these reasons:

• Shopping for food or other essential goods and services;
  • Medical care or compassionate needs (including to get a COVID-19 vaccine)
  • Exercise outdoors in groups of 10 or fewer;
  • Essential work, or education, where you cannot work or study from home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

It had to happen. 🤷‍♂️ I think I jinxed it… booked a few days off, hoping I’d finally get a fishing trip in. Oh well… back to cleaning up around the house! Can’t go to the tip, though. 🤔 😂 Stay safe, Raiders!

5 hours ago, Scratchie said:

It had to happen! The snapper should be happy that I’ll give them a break 😬

@Berleyguts thanks for the jinx Baz. 🤣

Stay safe all. 

cheers scratchie!!!

You’re welcome, Jeff. 😂

Broughton’s definitely outside the 10km radius from my home! I might have a land based flick down the end of the road… but I really need to be clearing out the garage, two sheds and the under house storage before we move out next month… all that stuff certainly isn’t going to fit in the new house! 😮 Was planning a garage sale but can’t really have that now… looks like it’s skip time. 😂

Still glad to be living where I do. 🙏 

9 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Ms Berejiklian said the lockdown was expected to continue until midnight on August 12.

I dont meant to make light of the situation because I know how serious it is but I cant help that the statement makes me think of this at the moment :whistling:

SICK OF LOCKDOWNS!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, savit said:

I doubt 🤔. Who will feed them?! 🤣

I think they have been doing a better job of feeding Scratchie than the other way around! :D

It's not all bad. When fishing returns to normal, I suspect the Whiskers will be hankering for a feed of gulp garlickers...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

I think they have been doing a better job of feeding Scratchie than the other way around! :D

It's not all bad. When fishing returns to normal, I suspect the Whiskers will be hankering for a feed of gulp garlickers...

Hahahahaha. By the end of lockdown I think the freezer stick will be zero! Time to check and clean the gear for when the time comes! 🤙