Pedal kayak & bass tips

SWFisho

Hey raiders, after being locked down for 8 weeks now I’ve spent most of my time online researching what I can about fishing, gear, local water ways on the DPI etc, I found myself looking at hobbies though I don’t need to upgrade my kayak yet  I don’t doubt that I’ll need to upgrade in a year or two anyways. 

I was just wondering if anyone else had some pedal kayaks for fishing that were cheaper reliable and also had good enough capabilities to get me through a big days fishing, I guess I’m just window shopping because I’m bored and there’s nothing else to do right now, so if anyone’s got any brands or info on good pedal kayaks I’ll be keen to have a chat !

Also with it almost being bass season I was wondering if anyone had any good spots to drop the kayak in on the Nepean river between Penrith and Camden I’m located around Camden and fish the upper end of the river but I’d really like to crack some bigger fish this season and hopefully crack a 40cm one out of my local river Bents basin is a stretch of the river is really like to try but just unsure how to get the yak in around the area, I didn’t have much luck around Camden last season I found some numbers all around the mid 20s but no bigger models, I’d also like to try any water ways down south around the Wollongong and the south coast if any one has any ideas of where I can target some big natives 

If anyone also needs to chat I’m all ears just in general about anything, remember it ain’t weak to speak 

it 

hope all my fellow NSW neighbours are holding their heads high during these tough times, not long before we’re out of this lockdown to enjoy summer together 🙌🏽 

SWFisho, Tight lines 

Edited by SWFisho
Not finished

• SWFisho changed the title to Pedal kayak & bass tips

There are cheap branded pedal yaks available, I think the osprey brand (imported by kayak2fish) have one

When we see the other side of lockdown, make a summer run up the coast, I'm confidant we could find you a couple of 40+ models from a yak

I got a Hobie and can’t recommend it enough. I bought the Sport brand new, it’s essentially a shorter version of the outback, and is perfect for small creek bass fishing which is what I use it for. Plenty of speed, steers well, vantage seat is a godsend, I cannot speak highly enough of their products.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dirvin21 said:

There are cheap branded pedal yaks available, I think the osprey brand (imported by kayak2fish) have one

When we see the other side of lockdown, make a summer run up the coast, I'm confidant we could find you a couple of 40+ models from a yak

I checked out kayak2fish actually but wasn’t sure on how it would go with the pedal system has a small propeller 

im waiting to get released bro that’s probably the first place I’ll go 😂

I had a off brand kayak which is no longer stock and had too many issues with it. The tracks are generally poorly made and the powder coating flakes off within a few months. The chairs are poorly made and are unbearable, even the strap holding it upright broke in a whopping 15 seconds. Rudder on this particular model sat below the hull and was fixed. got caught on everything, rudder controls was very loose and unresponsive, pedal drive is stiff and no access to the inside of the kayak which limited the ability to run a battery fish finder and whatever electronic needs you want. 

well for only being 900$ it was a steal, and i still do use it for taking baits out.

Anyway, i bought a hobie pa12 and my god is it good worth every cent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Restyle said:

I had a off brand kayak which is no longer stock and had too many issues with it. The tracks are generally poorly made and the powder coating flakes off within a few months. The chairs are poorly made and are unbearable, even the strap holding it upright broke in a whopping 15 seconds. Rudder on this particular model sat below the hull and was fixed. got caught on everything, rudder controls was very loose and unresponsive, pedal drive is stiff and no access to the inside of the kayak which limited the ability to run a battery fish finder and whatever electronic needs you want. 

well for only being 900$ it was a steal, and i still do use it for taking baits out.

Anyway, i bought a hobie pa12 and my god is it good worth every cent.

ill be forking out the money for a hobbie if I can’t find a 2nd hand one bro I wouldn’t want to make that mistake but $900 isn’t to bad I bought mine for $380 and it’s served me well 😂