Dragon Snapper anyone?

Jiggy

I've recently saw a post on FB about dry aging a dragon snapper and how well it tasted. Now dragon snapper is a new one to me so I had to have a look...oh dear:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/640027366912959

So now I guess I have to call myself the greatest dragon snapper fisherman in Sydney. Or will once I can fish again post lockout. Still not sure about eating one though.

Cheers

Rob

3 hours ago, frankS said:

If you get a large one, take 2 x filets from bum hole down and you will be surprised how good they taste, the rest of the fish is fair bait.

Frank

I believe the technical term is 'vent' we are a sophisticated bunch on this forum here and i outraged, absoluteley outraged by some of the tomfoolery that goes on around here!'... bum hole....... pffft. :mfr_lol:

Edited by SquidMarks
  • Haha 2

Guys if processed correctly dragon snapper make excellent table fare. Once caught carefully remove a piece, thread onto a hook and lower it into the depths to catch snapper, pearlies, flathead etc. Then eat these. 

When processed like this dragon snapper make great eating.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jiggy said:

Guys if processed correctly dragon snapper make excellent table fare. Once caught carefully remove a piece, thread onto a hook and lower it into the depths to catch snapper, pearlies, flathead etc. Then eat these. 

When processed like this dragon snapper make great eating.

Perfect explanation 

• 4 weeks later...

we caught  a few sargents  one time and a friend of mine took them home and tried , he was actually guite impressed by them ,  i also know of a friend  that used  to drive a charter boat  years ago , his wife  liked the fillets as much as flathead ,

They are quite good on a chew, however, amount of fine bones makes the whole process totally unbearable. I tried it once out of curiosity and by the time I finished (keep in mind - it was just one medium size fish baked in foil) it went cold and I was extremely exhausted by all this precision bone picking and bored to death.