Watersnake Geo-Spot Trolling Motor

adkel53

I am thinking of putting a trolling motor on my Quintrex 455 Coastrunner. Do any members run a Watersnake Geo-Spot? If so how do you find it? The alternative is a Minn Kota Terrova. Pricewise it is something like $2000 vs $3500. They both have the same basic features (spot lock, path tracking etc). Quite a difference so wanting to know if the Minn Kota is really worth the extra cost.

I asked the same question a couple of months ago and the general run of views was go for the Kota.

I still have not bit the Bullitt as yet as there is no need to buy a motor I can't use till lockdown is over, but in a couple of weeks my decision will be to buy a MOTORGUIDE . Priced between the Kota and Watersnake made by Mercury and has all the features of the Kota.

Frank

• Like 1

5 hours ago, adkel53 said:

Have ruled out the Watersnake. Anyone else run a Motorguide xi5? They get a good review here:

https://www.boatsafe.com/motorguide-xi5-review/

UNTIL you read the comments at the bottom. 

Not that I have any idea but I wouldn't take one webpages review word but would look at a heap to get an wider opinion.

At the end of the day the higher end more $$$ usually have less cons which is why people are prepared to pay the extra coin.

If I could afford a Bugatti I wouldn't be driving a Mitsubishi 😁

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, adkel53 said:

Have ruled out the Watersnake. Anyone else run a Motorguide xi5? They get a good review here:

https://www.boatsafe.com/motorguide-xi5-review/

UNTIL you read the comments at the bottom. 

I use a xi5 gps mate - 12v.  Bought it in 2019 to replace/upgrade from my 2009 motorguide w55.  I've never had any problems with either.  Paired with a 120ah amptech agm battery I can use it all day even using spotlock gps.  It is mounted on my brooker side console 450 and has no drama pushing it along quite nicely.

You will always read more comments with problems rather than praise, that can be said for anything you want to buy.

If you want to connect to your sounder, pick MG with lowrance or MK for hummingbird.

Hit me up if you have any specific questions

• Like 1