Port Hacking

Yowie

45 minutes ago, leonardgid said:

its true what they say  10%  of the fishermen catch 90%  of the fish  , we all know your one of them  , wish i was .

Just a matter to keep trying like I have for the last 60 years or so. :fisher:

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 5:43 PM, Yowie said:

Headed out early this morning for a fish in the deep up from Lilli Pilli. Pulled out the reddies and flounder on bait strips and pillies. Apart from that, no decent hits other than little plenty of small reddies and a few trumpeter stripping off the baits.

At the bottom of the tide, I motored up to Grays Point for something different. Pumped a few nippers, not many there but they were of jumbo size. While doing that, a cloud of whiting turned up around my feet, but none of legal size. Also a few poddy mullet, so I caught a few on my bait line.

The tide was just starting the run-up, so I drifted along and spooked a flattie about 60cm in the shallows. It swam a short distance from the boat and stopped, so I lobbed a nipper out and it landed in front of his nose, but the flattie swam off a short distance and stopped. I lobbed out a poddy again in front if it's nose, but the flattie swam off again into the deeper water.

I kept moving on the drift and a poddy produced the flattie for me, but the only one I could find. The bream took a nipper. A couple of more drifts and I hooked a good whiting, had it beside the boat with the net ready and the hook pulled out. It was close to 40cm.

A nipper hooked me a Long Tom about 70cm, which jumped and splashed but did not bite off the hook even though it was down the throat. Cut off the hook and released it. It was a fat Tom, so I'm guessing a Stout Long Tom - most I catch in the Hacking are Slender Long Tom. Another Tom grabbed a poddy later on but did not hook up.

The wind picked up so I headed home.

fish.jpeg.325_files_files.jpg

Bloody Yowie again.😂😂Well done Sir Yowie of the hacking.Love your work.

On 10/27/2021 at 5:43 PM, Yowie said:

Headed out early this morning for a fish in the deep up from Lilli Pilli. Pulled out the reddies and flounder on bait strips and pillies. Apart from that, no decent hits other than little plenty of small reddies and a few trumpeter stripping off the baits.

At the bottom of the tide, I motored up to Grays Point for something different. Pumped a few nippers, not many there but they were of jumbo size. While doing that, a cloud of whiting turned up around my feet, but none of legal size. Also a few poddy mullet, so I caught a few on my bait line.

The tide was just starting the run-up, so I drifted along and spooked a flattie about 60cm in the shallows. It swam a short distance from the boat and stopped, so I lobbed a nipper out and it landed in front of his nose, but the flattie swam off a short distance and stopped. I lobbed out a poddy again in front if it's nose, but the flattie swam off again into the deeper water.

I kept moving on the drift and a poddy produced the flattie for me, but the only one I could find. The bream took a nipper. A couple of more drifts and I hooked a good whiting, had it beside the boat with the net ready and the hook pulled out. It was close to 40cm.

A nipper hooked me a Long Tom about 70cm, which jumped and splashed but did not bite off the hook even though it was down the throat. Cut off the hook and released it. It was a fat Tom, so I'm guessing a Stout Long Tom - most I catch in the Hacking are Slender Long Tom. Another Tom grabbed a poddy later on but did not hook up.

The wind picked up so I headed home.

fish.jpeg.325_files_files.jpg

👍

nice mixed bag. Well done.

I pumped a few yabbies at greys a week or so ago - not many at all - was a real effort just to get a few. Either really tiny or Giants. Nothing in between.

11 hours ago, Larkin said:

👍

nice mixed bag. Well done.

I pumped a few yabbies at greys a week or so ago - not many at all - was a real effort just to get a few. Either really tiny or Giants. Nothing in between.

Like me, probably just the area pumped. Big ones or tinies, probably just hatched not that long ago, and rather scattered considering the number of holes in the sand.