Raiders hit the Hawkesbury and hit paydirt😁

Pickles

4 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

Great report fellas - awesome stuff.

Ive been on fishraider since 2014 and this is the first photo i see of the man himself @Yowie. I expected to see a few handlines wrapped around his holster belt 

In reality, Bob (a practicle joker) was launching his boat, and saw a poor old bastard fishing from the bank and said, hop in, catch a little fish, look a bit daggy, I'll take a photo, post it on Fishraider and I'll tell everyone it was Yowie (notice - no handline)  :074:

• Haha 1

On 11/3/2021 at 9:35 PM, Pickles said:

Yowie and I, plus my mate Wayne launched my Quinny at Lower Portland at 6.30ish and after motoring slowly through the fog, headed for Webb’s creek to bag some flathead and Jewies. We loaded up with live prawns (Yowie wanted to take some home to eat, so got a 25litre bucket over 1/2 full off my buddy “Prawn Star”). Wayne wanted to learn how to catch fish in the Hawkesbury, so we went to my local haunts and used a few different rigs.

We lost lots of baits, landing only 2 bream and 2 flathead until I suggested we have a “bash for Bass” as Yowie (and Wayne) had not caught these before, I took them to “Spot X” (Lower Portland reach) and we absolutely brained them, landing 30 fish. The majority were good fish, with a couple of 36 - 37cm, but a lot in the 28-30cm range. On the light gear we were fishing, they fight really well and certainly punch above their weight. At one stage we had a tripple hook up, with fish coming consistently over the next hour. After we’d boated 30 fish (and dropped as many more), we’d caught enough  and decided to head home.

A great day out with Yowie and Wayne, who is keen to sign up as a Raider.

The pic of Yowie - with the smallest fish of the day😁

22D359EA-29FC-4D90-90F2-31EFC9AFD56F.jpeg

97AC2DD6-3028-4E11-B734-913B5872A9E5.jpeg

1CBDB5C4-4A35-490D-AF35-3DFAD8A62EAD.jpeg

Another well done day. Did you bought the prawns or you guys scoop them😂