South West Rocks cont

Hugh

So we’re in week 2 of our break up here but had to reckon with the wind and rain.  My 4m tinny complains when I make her go outside in that big sea.  

Anyway, opted for an afternoon session in back creek with the family.  It was the bottom of the low so technically not a great bite.  

That said, my wife pulled in a 38cm edition bream while I was working hard bodies.  I picked up this 47cm model on the new  Berkley Protech Jerk 90 which is a record for me on hardbodies.   

The girls loved it, one caught “seaweed” and my son had a bucket full of soldier crabs he was chasing.  

17FBB87E-E5DD-42BE-B7EA-050E795C515E.jpeg

• Like 12

How good is that!! Head up the creek to the bridge for the start of the run out with your hard bodies etc. And show your kids the pressure wave at the start of the run in in back creek (I bet you cannot catch a bream in the lower section - they have Doctorates in Fishing!!). Tight lines H's

Great work Hugh - kids will remember those “summer holidays” for the rest of their lives and probably laying the foundation for a long term family tradition.
Ive caught some seriously good flathead and bream on the run out on the western flat - If you haven’t discovered it yet, drifting the (western) shore (the boat ramp side) from the public (river) ramp, In close and down past the wharf - service boats and charter boats, past the first big bend and point toward the rock wall. Letting the SP’s or bait bump along the bottom on light gear.

Then over the eastern side along the rock wall toward the mouth - but the flow can be really strong here and move you along quickly. You probably already know all this as I know it’s not your first time at SWR.

2 hours ago, Pickles said:

Great work Hugh - kids will remember those “summer holidays” for the rest of their lives and probably laying the foundation for a long term family tradition.
Ive caught some seriously good flathead and bream on the run out on the western flat - If you haven’t discovered it yet, drifting the (western) shore (the boat ramp side) from the public (river) ramp, In close and down past the wharf - service boats and charter boats, past the first big bend and point toward the rock wall. Letting the SP’s or bait bump along the bottom on light gear.

Then over the eastern side along the rock wall toward the mouth - but the flow can be really strong here and move you along quickly. You probably already know all this as I know it’s not your first time at SWR.

Cheers Bob. I’ll give this a crack, I tried it on the first couple of hours of the run in without much luck, I’ll give the run out a shot.