Sensitive Line

HawkesburyParadise

Generally speaking braided line is more sensitive than monofilament line but there are scenario's that its better to use monofilament over braid which for me is beach fishing, rock fishing & trolling where you want that bit of stretch that mono will give.

On nearly every other fishing scenario I use braid with fluorocarbon leader.

But you want to use the braid in the line class for what your intending on catching & the size of fish you hope to catch, along with a similar rated rod & reel.

For estuary fishing most of my reels have 8 to 10lb braid & I either keep to a similar rated leader or increase or decrease depending on what I am targeting.

In saying that I will also have another couple of heavier rods in the tinny just in case there is something bigger that presents itself.

https://www.sportfishingmag.com/braid-vs-mono/

Edited by kingie chaser

For feeling bites you can’t go past braid , I usually fish fluorocarbon trace and braid main line . Can you take a photo of your rig and let us know what fish you are targeting and where ( beach , rock , estuary , boat or riverbank etc  ) , you might have a bow in your line ( loose line between the rod and sinker ) and you won’t feel anything if you do and there are some fish species that are masters of removing your bait without you feeling a thing - leather jackets are one that comes to mind so special rigs are needed to catch them .

Once we get a baseline of what you are using and the location you are fishing we can try to help you to fine tune things to improve your catch , the answer isn’t always to buy more gear but rather to learn to use the gear you have and fine tune it to do what you want - and it will save you a pile of money at the same time . It could also be the location you are fishing - not all places hold fish and some are a real desert for fishing - fish are in a place for a couple of reasons - food , shelter and breeding , find a place that ticks all 3 of these and you have found fishing nirvana ! we may be able to recommend a few places to try . I have seen people cast out onto a sandbank that had about  50mm of water on it and wonder why they catch nothing and I have also seen people cast out off a beach nearly to New Zealand  but didn’t know the fish were right at their feet ! 

• Like 2