Shoal bay 12/12/2021

slothparade

Last night I casted bug chunks of mullet off the shoal bay warf and then ran the rods back to the beach. The baits were about 100m out. After about 30mins one rod went off, but unfortunately what ever was on it came off. Recasted with a new bait a bit further out. Went back to my sand spikes and within a few mins the sand spoke was almost completely pulled over, they were about half a meter hammered into the sand. Anyway grabbed the rod, lost heapes of line and I was on my 50lbs Moni backing so I locked the drag and this was when I was getting dragged towards the water. So I loostened the drag to reset my position, dug myself in and tightened up. The fight lasted quite a while and had a big crowd of people on the warf watching in anticipation. Got it to the pilons when the leader broke. Big shark though as the ones on the warf had a great view of it. Later that night Had some schoolies doing some innapropiate things so that's when I packed up and left. All in all my back and arms are very tired but it was an awesome night.

thanks for reading. Hopefully I can land a shark from there to get some pics and tag it. This would explain my broken rod to off that warf.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Isaac Ct said:

Good on you mate, sooo close with that shark mate. Well done, keep trying.

1 hour ago, Rebel said:

Keep trying you will catch a Shark.

Cheers.

Will be going again tonight but this time the harness and game rods are coming out and I'm going to try and float some baits out. Not loosing the bugger again. Hopefully hahaha

Thanks though, will do another report either tonight or in the morning after my surf 

8 hours ago, slothparade said:

Will be going again tonight but this time the harness and game rods are coming out and I'm going to try and float some baits out. Not loosing the bugger again. Hopefully hahaha

Thanks though, will do another report either tonight or in the morning after my surf 

Good luck 🤞 

• Like 1