Broke the curse!!! Shoal bay 15/12/2021

slothparade

So after many many years 2019 to be exact I haven't caught a bream. Hence Ive called it my bream curse. Anyway went to tomaree lodge with a 3 hook dropper rog with a small b sinker (can't say the fill thing because of reasons I'd rather not discuss) and 3 long shank hooks. Beach work was the bait, anyway chucked it out into the weed beds and about 10 to 15 mins later the bells rang and had an awesome fight with this little bream. 

When I picked him up a got spiked from his spines. But over all really enjoyable. Just nice to catch a break again and great to feel a fish after my leg injury. Also went for a dive when I hand fed some massive bream, I'll upload the vid to YouTube and post the link. Also the bream I caught had a big chunk taken out of it's back, looks like a tailor or a baby shark had a go at it as it was a very surgical round cut.

Enjoy the photos and thanks for reading 

Screenshot_20211214-203143.png

PXL_20211214_080402318.jpg

Edited by mrsswordfisherman
Please do not try to get around the banned words
  • Like 7

If you are up for it with your leg injury grab a cheap snorkel and go to fly point. It's amazing, i swear i saw a bream at least high 40's there. I also saw flatties, ludrick whiting and many other species. it's an amazing experience! 

You might of already been there tho...

Edited by BigHorse

Good to see you broke the drought.

I can't be sure without seeing a photo, but I think the dent in the bream's back is most likely a genetic disease called saddleback syndrome. Google it and check it out.

A lot of fishos mistake it for a predatory or gill net injury.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Green Hornet said:

I can't be sure without seeing a photo, but I think the dent in the bream's back is most likely a genetic disease called saddleback syndrome. Google it and check it out.

That was my thought too GH.
You get the same thing with Blackfish and others, though not quite as common as Bream I think.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Green Hornet said:

7 minutes ago, frankS said:

My guess going by the description is a Cookie cutter shark, it will be interesting to see a photo .

Frank

Heres a pic of the fish, sorry had to take my face out 

sketch-1639535613235.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigHorse said:

If you are up for it with your leg injury grab a cheap snorkel and go to fly point. It's amazing, i swear i saw a bream at least high 40's there. I also saw flatties, ludrick whiting and many other species. it's an amazing experience! 

You might of already been there tho...

Already been, love it there. I have some vids of hand feeding the fish there 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, frankS said:

Yes think GH and burger might have it, looks deformity rather than bite.

Frank

Yeah, never seen that before but sounds about right, the only other time I saw a fish like that it was definitely a bit because there were teeth marks and the skin was still pretty raw