Hawkesbury or lane cove river

slothparade

Hey, I hope everyone is having a great new year. 

I am planning a night fishing trip landbased to either lane cover river (already have a spot in mind) or Hawkesbury. 

The kind of spot I'm after is one that I can hammer in some rod holders (not to much of a biggie, as my holders are on star posts), parking within a few metres of the water as I would like to cook on the back tailgate, quite (not many people to no one) and I would like to have a crack at Jew fish and will chuck a shark bait out to. 

Any ideas or spots would be great, I'm not asking for anyone's personal spots. Feel free to dm spots/ ideas. I have done some poking around on Google maps but couldn't find much that was all that attractive. 

Sorry for all the requirements, I'll have a crack at hairtails as well. Mostly just want to catch anything. So will chuck a range of baits out. Between me and mates probable going to have 12 rods or so

Thanks 👍

The slip road / Cunningham’s reach at Linley point on lane cove sounds like it ticks a lot of the boxes. Big stretch of river, fishing by the car and room for the lot of you.

Haven’t been there at night but I’d imagine it’s be quieter than e.g. Clarke’s Point which would otherwise suit but is popular all hours. 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 7:21 PM, slothparade said:

Hey, I hope everyone is having a great new year. 

I am planning a night fishing trip landbased to either lane cover river (already have a spot in mind) or Hawkesbury. 

The kind of spot I'm after is one that I can hammer in some rod holders (not to much of a biggie, as my holders are on star posts), parking within a few metres of the water as I would like to cook on the back tailgate, quite (not many people to no one) and I would like to have a crack at Jew fish and will chuck a shark bait out to. 

Any ideas or spots would be great, I'm not asking for anyone's personal spots. Feel free to dm spots/ ideas. I have done some poking around on Google maps but couldn't find much that was all that attractive. 

Sorry for all the requirements, I'll have a crack at hairtails as well. Mostly just want to catch anything. So will chuck a range of baits out. Between me and mates probable going to have 12 rods or so

Thanks 👍

Hawkesbury has very few places with your requirements but I would say 2 of them are: Bobbin Head and Brooklyn. 

BB: You can fish off the rock wall on the western side nearby the bobbin head cafe. You're able to hammer in the rod holders(may require a mallet if it hasn't rained lately. I have heard you can fish all sorts of fish there but I can't confirm about mulloway.

Brooklyn: Again rock wall at McKell Park. There's a car park near the play ground. Best to avoid public holidays as it's incredibly busy. Hammering the rod holders possible. Pretty close to the main branch of Hawkesbury so the possiblity of fish are endless. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HawkesburyParadise said:

Hawkesbury has very few places with your requirements but I would say 2 of them are: Bobbin Head and Brooklyn. 

BB: You can fish off the rock wall on the western side nearby the bobbin head cafe. You're able to hammer in the rod holders(may require a mallet if it hasn't rained lately. I have heard you can fish all sorts of fish there but I can't confirm about mulloway.

Brooklyn: Again rock wall at McKell Park. There's a car park near the play ground. Best to avoid public holidays as it's incredibly busy. Hammering the rod holders possible. Pretty close to the main branch of Hawkesbury so the possiblity of fish are endless. 

Bobbin head has been pretty trashy for me, I’ve tried pilchards and prawns but got no bite for the times I’ve fished there, I suspect they’re all at the cafe where people feed them but you can’t fish there

53 minutes ago, AlbertW said:

Bobbin head has been pretty trashy for me, I’ve tried pilchards and prawns but got no bite for the times I’ve fished there, I suspect they’re all at the cafe where people feed them but you can’t fish there

You're not wrong there mate. Been a tough place for me too.

18 hours ago, motiondave said:

There are spots further upstream, maybe around Spencer but that is a fair drive, and best fished on tide flow. People do fish from Rocks near parsley ramp. I've seen them . Or if you feel like some bush walk, I've seen people fish from shore near the pylons on the road car bridge.

@AlbertW

You may have to do some exploring around and upstream. 

Maybe consider investing in a kayak and a cheap trolling motor for it. 

Lane cove river has a few good vantage points, but if you want to cook in the back of the ute, that means only Cunningham reach reserve.

You could go to end of Joubert st hunters Hill and Toss lines near the pylons of the bridge. Or end of gale st Woolwich, maybe try around Woolwich baths. 

Sounds good. Will try some of the spot, should be fun going for a bush walk to.

Already have a kayak with a motor, jsut need a very wide space to turn. Doesn't do well in small creeks / spaces 😂

I'll have a look at the lane cover spots, thanks for the suggestions