A midnight bream

HawkesburyParadise

I thought I'll give night fishing a try tonight. 

Meadowbank wharf is where I ended up at midnight with a plan to fish for an hour and then head back. 

As I arrived the wharf itself was full of kids and not with fishing roads. Not a good sign. Being alone at night is not a good place to be around a group of drunk teens.

I walked under the bridge to the Meadowbank park side and a whole family was fishing. Ah, my people! I'm safe now.

I used bait with 00 sinker. Chicken went first, the fish liked it but the hook came back empty. A few times with this and BAM! A legal bream.

First bream, first midnight outing! As this is Parra river, it was released back into the river.

As I had no significant bites after this,  I assume it was the same bream. 

20220123_010945.thumb.jpg.c98e819759af89f2e3ffce1dca4ba9cb.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HawkesburyParadise said:

I thought I'll give night fishing a try tonight. 

Meadowbank wharf is where I ended up at midnight with a plan to fish for an hour and then head back. 

As I arrived the wharf itself was full of kids and not with fishing roads. Not a good sign. Being alone at night is not a good place to be around a group of drunk teens.

I walked under the bridge to the Meadowbank park side and a whole family was fishing. Ah, my people! I'm safe now.

I used bait with 00 sinker. Chicken went first, the fish liked it but the hook came back empty. A few times with this and BAM! A legal bream.

First bream, first midnight outing! As this is Parra river, it was released back into the river.

As I had no significant bites after this,  I assume it was the same bream. 

20220123_010945.thumb.jpg.c98e819759af89f2e3ffce1dca4ba9cb.jpg

Well done. That looks like a solid bream. Did you get a measure on it?

There's plenty of bream there. Also lots of flathead on lures on the right tide (though it's snaggy).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

Well done. That looks like a solid bream. Did you get a measure on it?

There's plenty of bream there. Also lots of flathead on lures on the right tide (though it's snaggy).

Yep, 10 inches from head to tail so I may have taken it home if I caught it at Bobbin Head or Berowra.

• Like 1