Different rig set ups.

Fab1

Been watching fishing videos and it seems the UK  use some almighty complicated fishing rigs compared to Aussies..Grip leads,bait elastic,booms,all manner of clips,etc.

Anyone know why and if it all makes a difference? I would think the less complicated a rig is the better.

They stuff around tying these rigs and wrapping bait elastic around their baits.

2 hours ago, Fab1 said:

Been watching fishing videos and it seems the UK  use some almighty complicated fishing rigs compared to Aussies..Grip leads,bait elastic,booms,all manner of clips,etc.

Anyone know why and if it all makes a difference? I would think the less complicated a rig is the better.

They stuff around tying these rigs and wrapping bait elastic around their baits.

I was for a period quite intrigued by all their coarse fishing techniques. My then local shop had good stocks of their terminal tackle and it was great on the mullet, gars and bream. Suspect it would be devastatingly effective on luderick as well.

What I can’t work out is the amount of mental energy expended on targeting…carp!

The most complicated rig I'll use is a "pulley rig" when fishing bait from the beach.

Its basically a sliding paternoster rig with an open clip that attaches to a star sinker. You attach your hook to the clip so when you cast the bait doesn't flail around and you get around 20-25% more distance. Once the sinker hits bottom, you give the bait a little slack line and the wave action releases it from the clip. Works very well with pillies on ganged hooks.

I don't use it all that often, but it comes in handy at times when the gutters are further out.

• Like 2