Kids fishing art

Little_Flatty

@mrsswordfisherman this one's for you. My daughter (6) gave me this drawing this morning. I've taken her with me on a few sessions this summer, including out on a hire boat and it's made its mark.

I recently folded and bought her one of the Ugly Stik kid's combos. I'd always resisted buying one because while the rod is decent quality, the reel isn't. But it does come in pink! She's learning to cast at the moment. When she has got a basic mastery of casting, that dramatically expands our options for fishing together.

She assures me that it is a fish, not her sister, impaled on her 1/0 circle 🤣

image.png.c1b3101d0fee7d8efa48fa199e425e92.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

My son drew me one similar to that when he was a little tacker except his drawing of me had empty hooks and he wrote on it you're a crap fisherman daddy.😂

He knew even at 6 yrs old.

Good stuff when your kids do stuff like that.Priceless.

Edited by Fab1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, frankS said:

Something very special about kids art.

Here's one my grandson drew when he was I think about 7 or 8 now 15 .

Takes pride of place on the freezer door.

235260904_kidsdrawing.thumb.jpg.5193527a6dec23cfc07232eabf0660c3.jpg

Frank

I think there's something about the uninhibited thinking. Us adults often edit out our ideas before we have the chance to properly develop them.

14 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

@Little_Flatty tell her mrsswordie is very proud of her and her pic titled “I love fishing”

She must look the part with her pink rod! 

She was chuffed with the feedback. We got a few little casts in the backyard yesterday with the lull in the rain.

1 hour ago, Fab1 said:

My son drew me one similar to that when he was a little tacker except his drawing of me had empty hooks and he wrote on it you're a crap fisherman daddy.😂

He knew even at 6 yrs old.

Good stuff when your kids do stuff like that.Priceless.

That sounds suspiciously like he was fed something that your better half told him...or you might have told him yourself 🤣

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ganguddy Goodoo said:

My daughter made this Murray Cod for me at pottery. Felt sorry for me because I wasn't catching any.

20220306_074313_resized.jpg

Love the detail! It's funny how much kids take in when we teach the about the various species of fish. I think that's going to be something you'll keep for a very long time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ganguddy Goodoo said:

My daughter made this Murray Cod for me at pottery. Felt sorry for me because I wasn't catching any.

20220306_074313_resized.jpg

Priceless !! A true work of art. I bet BigNeil  would be proud of that one.

Frank

• Like 3