Working grave yard

Fab1

Trialling a 4 day working week in the UK for the same pay. On the plus side, extra time off...on the minus side, more time off usually equates to needing more money. Be interesting to see how the trialling goes. bn

1 hour ago, big Neil said:

Trialling a 4 day working week in the UK for the same pay. On the plus side, extra time off...on the minus side, more time off usually equates to needing more money. Be interesting to see how the trialling goes. bn

They can keep that!I prefer my 7 day fortnight roster.Never work more than 3 in row.

Other departments at my work do mon-thurs 10hr days and every Fri,sat or sun off.

And then their are the Chinese few who live there and only own 7 houses in North Sydney.

Edited by Fab1

1 hour ago, big Neil said:

I've been working a 4 day week (albeit not on full pay) for the past couple of years while I finish uni. It's a noticeable and extremely healthy reduction in stress as compared to my previous full time arrangements. I certainly don't regret doing it and have been pondering whether I continue this when I finish studying. I probably won't, but that's more because of work demands than any preference either way.

My delivery of work is probably not that much less than if I was full time, but sometimes continuity of my work is affected (when things come up in my work that are too big to deal with in a few minutes). Even if I have to work the odd hour on my day off - which I often do (comes with the territory; flexibility goes both ways) - it makes a big difference having the extra time to study and spend time with the kids.

• Like 1