Working grave yard

Fab1

6 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Clearly the reaction of a person who does not fish !  🤣

Exactly.I put alot of effort into those knots.

6 hours ago, noelm said:

Is that double line, or just a funny shadow? never been a fan of snelled hooks myself.

Shadow mate.

2 hours ago, Rebel said:

Are they the hooks you stole off Yowie ?

Yes,while he was away I took all his hooks and just left his line.I bet the bloody fish tie his line around their necks in a noose and still end up in his boat!!!🤣🤣Bloody Yowie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, slowjigger said:

People used to make their own fishing reels on work time in the old days. They were called 'bench models'. Shop level supervisors used to encourage this sort of thing when things were quiet. Keep their skills up and the senior management just saw busy workers:

https://www.reelmanaustralia.com/

We multiiskill on work time.We play cards,darts,have cook ups,sit outside looking at the stars,dream of catching Yowies fish....

No one cares as we get our work done.

There's a bloke we call horse(Get your mind out the gutter) he sleeps standing up.🤣😂

2 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

We multiiskill on work time.We play cards,darts,have cook ups,sit outside looking at the stars,dream of catching Yowies fish....

No one cares as we get our work done.

There's a bloke we call horse(Get your mind out the gutter) he sleeps standing up.🤣😂

Well at least you're awake then. At my first workplace two future managers were caught sleeping on night shift. Many years later at a management meeting the subject came up. One manager goes 'we're not paying them to sleep - sack them'! One of the two I referred to goes 'oh no, you cant do that'.

31 minutes ago, slowjigger said:

Well at least you're awake then. At my first workplace two future managers were caught sleeping on night shift. Many years later at a management meeting the subject came up. One manager goes 'we're not paying them to sleep - sack them'! One of the two I referred to goes 'oh no, you cant do that'.

🤣😂

1 hour ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Is this the new job @Fab1? Geez you are into the non work activities already!

I sacked a few on night shift over the years. Was "fun" waking them up :busted_cop: 

No,I got the new job and knocked it back.They didn't allow sleeping.🤣😂I don't sleep but my Team Leader and Supervisor put sleepy Smurf to shame in that department.🤣😂

There's always spoil sports at every workplace Donna.😂 like I said every one knows what we do including upper management.We get our work done in between all the stuff that goes on.

Edited by Fab1

31 minutes ago, noelm said:

Why did you knock the new job back?

They lied to me twice telling me it was peranent straight away when it wasn't.

That broke the deal and a few other things main one being I thought the general manager and his 3 supervisors I dealt with at the walk through were absolute you know what's.

I told them at the walk through/site interview they were a bunch of you know what's and left thanking them for their time and wasting mine.

I don't play around mate and will tell anyone exact what I think.

Their loss not mine.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Fab1 said:

No,I got the new job and knocked it back.They didn't allow sleeping.🤣😂I don't sleep but my Team Leader and Supervisor put sleepy Smurf to shame in that department.🤣😂

There's always spoil sports at every workplace Donna.😂 like I said every one knows what we do including upper management.We get our work done in between all the stuff that goes on.

Not a fan of people on night shift sleeping unless it is their break time and/or others are covering. There are not many industries that would "allow" sleeping on any shift. Getting your work done and thinking that justifies sleeping may lose your job for a few reasons and attract disciplinary action or dismissal. 

Generally not a good idea. 

14 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Not a fan of people on night shift sleeping unless it is their break time and/or others are covering. There are not many industries that would "allow" sleeping on any shift. Getting your work done and thinking that justifies sleeping may lose your job for a few reasons and attract disciplinary action or dismissal. 

Kerry Packer used to do it and his co-workers would let him when he was in training. When he became the boss he would never walk in that part of the plant.

9 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Agree.I never have had to worry as I've never slept anywhere nor will.Aa for them...I honestly don't care as long as it doesn't effect me.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

They lied to me twice telling me it was peranent straight away when it wasn't.

That broke the deal and a few other things main one being I thought the general manager and his 3 supervisors I dealt with at the walk through were absolute you know what's.

I told them at the walk through/site interview they were a bunch of you know what's and left thanking them for their time and wasting mine.

I don't play around mate and will tell anyone exact what I think.

Their loss not mine.

You almost need an Olympic Gold Medal to get a permanent job these days.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, slowjigger said:

Kerry Packer used to do it and his co-workers would let him when he was in training. When he became the boss he would never walk in that part of the plant.

Non of us can say we've been saints 100% of the time no matter how long we've been working or where.

I can only speak for myself and know that when I work no one stands a chance and if I want to I can bludge like the best of them.

11 minutes ago, slowjigger said:

You almost need an Olympic Gold Medal to get a permanent job these days.

I knocked back 7 in 3 weeks mate.It's not that hard.They were 3 month probation like usual then permanent.I knocked them all back due to pay and shifts mainly. 

You can pick and choose when you already have a job.

I know what I'm worth.

Edited by Fab1
  • Like 2

Just now, Fab1 said:

I knocked back 7 in 3 weeks mate.It's not that hard.They were 3 month probation like usual then permanent.I knocked them all back due to pay.

I know what I'm worth.

Yes it's a better labour market recently due to Covid closing our borders. Unemployment is actually lower than pre Covid despite all the disruption to business. 

8 minutes ago, slowjigger said:

Yes it's a better labour market recently due to Covid closing our borders. Unemployment is actually lower than pre Covid despite all the disruption to business. 

Unemployment figures are a joke mate.If you work casual 1 day a week you're classed as employed.

To me employed is when you work at least a 38hr week!!Non of this 1 day crap.That's going to pay your rent/mortgage/bills etc isn't it?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Fab1 said:

Unemployment figures are a joke mate.If you work casual 1 day a week you're classed as employed.

To me employed is when you work at least a 38hr week!!Non of this 1 day crap.That's going to pay your rent/mortgage/bills etc isn't it?

They are useful to see how we are tracking over time and to compare us with other countries. There is nothing stopping anyone looking at the underemployment figures which illustrate what you describe. Put the 2 together you get the underutilisation rate.