Chipping Norton Smorgasbord

Ah gentleman's hours suit me nicely. Swordfisherman and I and my 11 year old daughter Lucinda decided to venture to Chipping Norton lakes for an afternoon spin session on hardbodies. Dressed in my NEW Xmas fishing apparel I was feeling confident about how the afternoon would unfold. The boat was of course weighed down with the obligatory beers, cokes and sandwiches and other niceties (which swordfisherman always forgets).

We arrived at the boat ramp and Lucinda spied a car parked there with two heads nodding up and down in the back seat :wub: hmmmmmm. Perhaps they were fishing for crabs but we didnt see any marker bottles hanging out the window :074::074: .......... stop looking swordfisherman and get that boat launched (he is such a perv) !!!!

Off we went towards Cabramatta Creek armed with 3 lightweight spin sticks loaded with pink Smiling Jacks (yes must be pink for girls). We commenced our assault on the bream heading towards Liverpool Weir. The water looked good and the current assisted us nicely. Second cast swordfisherman yells the "I'm on". Well I don't know about on :thumbdown: , but it was a small bream but at least a start. We continually cast at the snags and structure which were numerous along the bank and the hits were coming thick and fast. Most of the bream were in the 20 - 25cm range with a couple of 30's thrown in for good measure. Stewy's expert boat driving skills kept us in constant touch with the structure (wish I was up the front in Stewyland grrrr).

We were halfway towards the weir and we met up with some bass followed by an ep and a blackfish!! The bream still kept biting all the way to the weir, even in amongst the giant carp :1yikes: !!

What a day, we landed over 50 bream, a bass, an ep, and a 30 cm blackfish all taken on the same pink lures. We were surprised there were not a lot more bass towards the freshwater but the bream well and truly made up for it.

A top afternoon's fishing although Lucinda didn't get a fish but she tried her heart out with plenty of strikes. On the way back at 7.30pm Lucinda waved at a boat just in front of the creek. She said 'Mum, look, that man is real friendly he is waving lots". When I looked the guy was waving frantically. When we went over, his motor had failed, so we gave him a tow back to the ramp.

Below are some pics of the day.

post-869-1136678163_thumb.jpg Stewy's whopper

post-869-1136678082_thumb.jpg

post-869-1136678139_thumb.jpg

post-869-1136678122_thumb.jpg

post-869-1136678296_thumb.jpg

post-869-1136678102_thumb.jpg

post-869-1136678310_thumb.jpg

The following pic is the swordfisherman trying a "new kind of ugly stick" , looked like it had a slight bend in it :closedeyes:

post-869-1136678213_thumb.jpg

Cheers all

mrsswordfisherman

Edited by mrsswordfisherman
  • Like 1

:074::074::074:

hahahaha...

ahh ur a crack up mrsswordfisherman...

top day im sure, sounds very entertaining... although that last picture is a bit sick, too much thigh for my liking :puke:

great / amusing report,

chris

The things some people do when your back is turned :ranting2:

G`day Fellas ,

Hhhhhmmmmm , That Last Pic is a bit of a worry .

Mr Swordie do you Wax your legs by anychance ?.

Mick

Darn it ,I will never live this down :074::074::074:

Cheers Swordfisherman

Should make sure that you dont get caught on film when your using the light tackle!

NEVER TRUST A WOMAN WITH A CAMERA!!!!!

Looks like you had a good days fishing!

Should make sure that you dont get caught on film when your using the light tackle!

NEVER TRUST A WOMAN WITH A CAMERA!!!!!

Looks like you had a good days fishing!

We had a ball up at the lakes and we dont eat fish at all :thumbdown: always release em

Cheers Swordfisherman

sounds like a top arvo's fishing , but i thought you said you were using hard bodies? that last pic looks like maybe a bit of bait fishing or soft plastics were being used too. :1prop:

Wish it was a sluggo but its only a 3 inch fat grub , but it was cold :thumbup:

Wish it was a sluggo but its only a 3 inch fat grub , but it was cold :thumbup:

Ahh Stewie,

You should have got that small floppy out earlier you would have cleaned up on the bass then!

The old rublex floppy best bass lure ever

Great little report Mrs Swordfisherman and full marks to Lucinda for fishing with Mum n Dad my youngest girl 9yrs loves fishing.

Cheers

Trev

We must have just missed you Donna and Stewie I had the missus and my two girls in my boat at Chippo in the morning We got off the water around 11:30 Spent most of the time trolling(easier than casting with the girls) pink and gold/orange micro mullets on the girls xmas presents(ET combos)We must have caught somewhere between 20 and 30 20cm to 25cm bream plus one 30cm to Tessa(6yr old) and a nice 40cm flattie to Zoe(4yr old)

We must have just missed you Donna and Stewie I had the missus and my two girls in my boat at Chippo in the morning We got off the water around 11:30 Spent most of the time trolling(easier than casting with the girls) pink and gold/orange micro mullets on the girls xmas presents(ET combos)We must have caught somewhere between 20 and 30 20cm to 25cm bream plus one 30cm to Tessa(6yr old) and a nice 40cm flattie to Zoe(4yr old)

Dammmmmmm shame we missed you guys :thumbdown: We were there around 1.30 pm .Great spot to take the kids though :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

Hi "Swordies" :biggrin2:

What a fantastic day.. 50 bream, jeez, I'm smiling if I get 5.... :tease:

Great to see you guys doing so well up that way. I fished Chippo lake as a kid and it's been years since I've been there. I'll have to add it to my "to do list" and take Andy....

Again, great work.

Cheers,

G`day Fellas ,

Think back to the emergence of the Ugly Sticks if you can , ( Late 70`s early 80`s ) and Desperate Dans at Liverpool was one of the very Ist to Try them out before they were released in this country.

Well , one of the best kept secrets in Sydney , was that rather large Bass could be caugt at the Liverpool weir , and This is where I saw my Ist Ugly stick , as well as my very Ist Large Bass , caught on one of those sticks , by the owner of the shop, who`s name I do not recall .

They were a few hundred yards along the western bank , and got my attention after pulling in 4/5 large fish , with outfits I had not seen before.

I made my way up to where they were fishing , and was entertained for an hour or so by these fellas catching large bass , plus the odd big bream as well.

They also warned everybody that came into their shop , to never eat anything that came from that area , but I knew a few Polish immigrants that regularly ate Smoked eels , taken at the weir .

Mick

Hey Stewie and woman,

In past years gone by, I have found that a length of PVC pipe works wonders for doing #1's from the boat.

Certainly helps when it's a bit rough on the water and you don't have to concentrate as hard.

Just rinse it out after use. :biggrin2:

Oh, and great report as well. :thumbup:

cheers

Hooky

Hey Stewie and woman,

In past years gone by, I have found that a length of PVC pipe works wonders for doing #1's from the boat.

Certainly helps when it's a bit rough on the water and you don't have to concentrate as hard.

Just rinse it out after use. :biggrin2:

Oh, and great report as well. :thumbup:

cheers

Hooky

Geez thanks for THAT suggestion Hooky but PVC pipe might be a bit hard for me to use :1yikes: . Being a Registered Nurse I could get a urinal from the hospital that might suit swordfisherman and perhaps catheterise myself and wear a leg bag ....... the possibilities are endless :biggrin2:

Cheers "woman" aka mrsswordfisherman aka Donna

PS What length do I get the PVC pipe cut to :biggrin2:

Cheers "woman" aka mrsswordfisherman aka Donna

G'day Donna, I had a feeling you'd disect the "woman" part.

When I was replying I couldn't remember if it was swordfisherwoman or mrsswordfisherman so I just put "woman". :wife::biggrin2: From now on it's "Donna".

As for the rest of your reply........hmmm, I'll leave it at that but only to say it's easier to go behind a tree. :1yikes::thumbup:

cheers

Hooky