Port Hacking

Yowie

Headed out early this morning up past Lilli Pilli. Not a bite, baits still intact even after sunrise. Only heard one fish splash, just dead and very murky water.

Time for something different, so I had a drift from Bass and Flinders out with a lot of murky brown water. I was lucky to score the blue spot, tailor and bonnie on salted tuna strips. Missed a few bites, just grabbing the bait and not hooking up, also some undersized tailor in the mix.

I fished the shallower water, bait bouncing along the bottom, but once a bit further out in deeper water, not a bite. Normally there would be spikies grabbing baits but nothing.

Better than nothing. The bream was caught from my mother's wharf in Gunnamatta where the water colour is clearer.

fish.jpeg.349_files_files.jpg

• Like 9

Yes the water was very murky we headed out gentleman’s hours and you had moved on by 9am.. watsons bonitos trevs  a few almost legal kings and some salmon tailor and bream was what we came across. You might have to sleep in a bit till the fish wake up.

12 minutes ago, hookerbruce said:

Yes the water was very murky we headed out gentleman’s hours and you had moved on by 9am.. watsons bonitos trevs  a few almost legal kings and some salmon tailor and bream was what we came across. You might have to sleep in a bit till the fish wake up.

Where I was, which you know, there was just nothing biting, not even sea lice. 😂

The fish will be there somewhere, but they avoided me today, until I drifted through the mouth.

If you found them, good work. Probably sleeping where I was. I used prawn heads for burley, which usually bring the reddies on the bite, but nothing.

42 minutes ago, Larkin said:

May have been a slow start, but you managed a nice bag in the end. 
I miss the clear water of the hacking!

This is the longest spell of murky water that I can remember in the Hacking. There was another time many years ago when it was murky for a few weeks, month of June, and the tailor were on the bite, but nothing else.

still did pretty good mate, luck or not. Hopefully though the rain holds back abit and gives the system to clear up. But a solid haul neverless.
so much for not fishing while your finger tip heals... was the itch too much with the wonderful morning we had?

8 hours ago, Restyle said:

still did pretty good mate, luck or not. Hopefully though the rain holds back abit and gives the system to clear up. But a solid haul neverless.
so much for not fishing while your finger tip heals... was the itch too much with the wonderful morning we had?

Fingertip not fully healed but had to get out for a fish, cannot stay at home. 😂

Will take a few more days to clear a bit, and the forecest is for not much more rain over the next week, so I'm guessing easter will be very busy. Good luck if you venture out.