bow mount electric

frankS

Went to the boat show to try and find some dealer that will sell me a Watersnake spot lock electric motor. Not one stand could help . I would prefer a 60 inch shaft but they are unavailable so I will have to settle for the 54 inch shaft.

I have had the guy at the big super store that has just opened 2 k's from home looking for me but so far he hasn't got back to me.

Haven't had the boat in the water for about a month as I would prefer to have the bow mount fitted for my next trip and there is still some final mods I need to do to the trailer to allow drive on drive off.

The days are starting to warm up a little and it looks like we may be in for an early Spring or at least I hope so.

1167952929_scorpion9.thumb.jpg.c25f81f3bf4d15c78f459a5ca47b4fcb.jpg

At this stage I plan on doing away with the anchor bollards and mount the electric on the plate where the anchor rollers are at the moment, will have to have the hatch opened and the shaft of the electric will sit inside the opened hatch. I will make some canvas to go over the shaft to replace the hatch while under way to stop any water coming over the boaw and into the cabin area.

1742529642_scorpion10.thumb.jpg.9c96ff535415233391b872b359564743.jpg

Frank

Edited by frankS
added photos
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mob0103 said:

A big retailer has them for $1699 was it much cheaper than that?

That is the standard price. There were none at the show and I'm guessing by the prices of everything else at the show they would not have been any cheaper if they were at the show.

The so called special show prices were a joke as things were no cheaper than usual every day prices.

Maybe some of the rubbish items that they just wanted to get rid of may have been cheaper, but as a rule prices were as usual.

Frank

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The boat is looking good Frank. Hope your plan comes to fruition so you can get out and do some comfortable fishing. You deserve it. Hope you're right about an early Spring, still very fresh down our way. Cheers, bn

36 minutes ago, frankS said:

That is the standard price. There were none at the show and I'm guessing by the prices of everything else at the show they would not have been any cheaper if they were at the show.

The so called special show prices were a joke as things were no cheaper than usual every day prices.

Maybe some of the rubbish items that they just wanted to get rid of may have been cheaper, but as a rule prices were as usual.

Frank

I have always said prices were not cheap at the show, and usually got flamed for it. Maybe the odd bargain, but in the main, no different to everyday shops and dealers.

1 hour ago, onearmedfisho said:

Far better of with a Minn Kota or Motor guide in my opinion

I would prefer one of the above but I am a pensioner and it's hard enough raking up enough to scrape through for the Watersnake price.

And my time is limited and the electric will be lucky to be used 1/2 dozen times with what's left of my boating days.

Frank

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, frankS said:

I would prefer one of the above but I am a pensioner and it's hard enough raking up enough to scrape through for the Watersnake price.

And my time is limited and the electric will be lucky to be used 1/2 dozen times with what's left of my boating days.

Frank

Is ask myself if it’s even worth it for half a dozen times?Personally I wouldn’t bother mate and keep your money.

I managed to find a 60" 12 volt watersnake for $1818 and it's coming from Melbourne , There is another place in Brisbane that has them in stock ( thanks to Campr ) but slightly dearer.

Going to be raining for the next week so by the time it arrives the rain should be finished and I will be able to set about fitting it.

I have a 180 amp hour battery ready for it but IF I can't fit that I will use my 110 amp hour that runs my Motorguide electric on my Brooker.

Thanks for all your help.

Frank