Longreef

MaxiTroll

Planning on heading up to longreef this weekend, just wondering what’s biting there, looks like kings have been slow there and people have been just getting snapper on recentish reports?

Also I had an issue with my Garmin Echomap UHD 75SV fish finder as on the screen the down scanner has been flipped and is up side down, I’ve messed around in settings and can’t find anything to fix it, if anyone knows a fix for it would be much appreciated 

,Thanks 

@MaxiTrollive had a few trips to Longie and kingfish have been very variable, and not in numbers and mostly rats. I reckon snapper are your best option as there have been some good catches and a few big ones amongst them. As well as several keeper snapper (don’t usually keep them under 40cm), I’ve caught 7 kings in 2 trips, but none over 65. There are plenty of Trevally (and of course heaps of sweep and quite big ones): yellowfin Pike and surprisingly Barracoutta, given the water is still pretty warm and 18.6degrees.

if you burley up, use yakka, slimey’s (catch at the centurion) and float a lightly or unweighted bait back in the burley, you should be on the money.

hope this helps.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...