Toowoon Bay Friday.

Rebel

Arrived around 6am, overcast. Water was calm. Lots of seagulls.

Chasing Whiting & Beam. Bought 2 rods with me.

Spent half hour at the beach, no go.

Moved to the south end near the rocks, but still on the beach.

First whiting straight away & then a nice bream.

Ended up with 4 whiting & 2 bream for the Pensioner neighbours.

Gear.

Dawia sensor rod with a shimano 4000 siena reel S4 sucide hook, small sinker, 10lb mono with 12lb leader.

Jarvis Walker Aurora rod. ( Old rod,still one of my favourites for beach fishing ) with a fin-nor 60 reel.  No 6 red long shank hook, small sinker, red beads, 12lb mono with 12lb leader.

Bait. Beach worms & Australian cooked prawns.

Great morning. No Green Peas.

Cheers.

Edited by Rebel
  • Like 7

Did better than me @Rebel! I got a leave pass to head out to Newport Beach yesterday morning for zilch. Had pumped some yabbies for bait earlier in the morning (my arms were falling off after the bait collection session…reminds me why I mostly fish lures!🤣) but no luck at all.

My alvey was a dream to fish with though, once I got used to the weight.

Consolation prize was a few dart my mates didn’t want, but also brought home a good mood…hard not to after a morning on the beach! And that’s why I love fishing the beach!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

Did better than me @Rebel! I got a leave pass to head out to Newport Beach yesterday morning for zilch. Had pumped some yabbies for bait earlier in the morning (my arms were falling off after the bait collection session…reminds me why I mostly fish lures!🤣) but no luck at all.

My alvey was a dream to fish with though, once I got used to the weight.

Consolation prize was a few dart my mates didn’t want, but also brought home a good mood…hard not to after a morning on the beach! And that’s why I love fishing the beach!

Good to hear you liked the Alvey @Little_Flatty.

• Like 2