The Tinny/bream Boat Makover

soapie

Well after a mid year trip to Europe last year :beersmile: , the budget went out the window and so did the plans to upgrade boat. I got together with Hazza (harry.dz) and discussed some options on at least improving on the boat I had. So first step was to strip the current tinny.

post-364-1137067263_thumb.jpg

Hazza started cutting bits out and pieces and got his favourite welder out and the fun started from there. The front anchor well ended up being cut out and the deck was extended from the front and rear side of the existing deck.

Then the paint job. I wanted to go red so we picked the colour and then hazza got his weapon spray gun out and went for it.

post-364-1137067313_thumb.jpg

Once the paintjob was finished his brother Mick (kfish01) started the fit out and organized all the plumbing, wiring/electrical with some end touches from Aero.

It ended up with a 50litre Live well under the front deck and with heaps of extra storage.

post-364-1137067362_thumb.jpg

On went the Electric motor, a 25hp Merc and custom fishfinder panel/switchboard panel made by Hazza…And here is the final result…..

post-364-1137067410_thumb.jpg

I am very happy with the finish and must thank hazza and co. for all the hard work and will to do the best job as possible, and more than I wanted !!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Yep, I won't take credit for any of the work as it was purely Hazza and kfish01.

I basically dropped it off there and thats what I got. I was very impressed with the effort they and the end result !

Well done again boys !! :thumbup:

Mate I'll answer that as I don't think Soapie would have a clue.

Women and fashion maybe. :074::074:

The paint is Protec 2 pack polyurethane a strong paint for the Marine environment.

The colour is Waratah red.

Sprayed from a gravity fed gun with a 1.4 tip would get you a nice finish.

As for the labour involved approx 7 days(painting takes a while to dry :wacko: )

Hazza

Mate I'll answer that as I don't think Soapie would have a clue.

Women and fashion maybe. :074::074:

The paint is Protec 2 pack polyurethane a strong paint for the Marine environment.

The colour is Waratah red.

Sprayed from a gravity fed gun with a 1.4 tip would get you a nice finish.

As for the labour involved approx 7 days(painting takes a while to dry :wacko: )

Hazza

Harry,

I assume you painted all the white then after well and truly dry masked off and painted the red??

You dont get any problems with colours leaching through?

Cheers

Trev

Trev when applying 2 tone colours to a boat ,first you spray undercoat.

You decide where you want the white ( what ever colour you choose) to be applied and spray

approx 50mm down from imaginary line.

Fine line the area to be sprayed red and sand the over spray down.

As for colour bleaching it happens when spraying lite colours over dark colours.

I'm sure that also happens to metallic and pearls or when spraying graphics where layer upon layer

are applied.

Hazza