Hobie cart

Ali2196

Hi guys! I’ve just bought myself a brand new hobie outback and it’s due to be picked up next Friday which I’m so keen about! I’ve been watching a whole bunch of videos to get an early start on launching and being on the water but the only thing I’m not so sure about is where everyone keeps their hobie cart. I’m yet to see anyone take in on board with them and slot it in them holes but taking it back to the car would be such a nuisance leaving the kayak unattended. Would love to hear about any ideas on keeping it on board without taking much space, thanks fishraiders!

hey mate, congratulations on your new kayak, you'll absolutely love it! I bought i PA12 a few year back and it came with with cart in the picture, the wheels come off and it folds right down and can be stored in the front hatch. You can leave them attached as the cart dose float but it adds a lot of drag

With launching i reverse the kayak down the ramp and put it into the water until the very front of the kayaks on the water line, i then crawl on and hop on the seat and paddle out 10 meters, I then stick the handle of my landing net into the scupper holes where the wheels sit, push the wheels out and they float back to the surface. I usually store them in the rear scuppers as i don't usually have that much stuff on, I do occasionally fold them down and store them in the front though. 

image.png.986bf8dbaccf7876bb1603970c94a91a.png

Thanks a lot mate! I’m sure I’ll never go back to a paddle kayak after this haha. My cart is actually abit different but not sure if it works the same way. I’ve seen alot of people put their kayak sideways on the bank then jump in and pretty much wiggle them self out and start paddling then attaching the mirage in. Once I get it I’ll experiment what best suits me as I’m also only 5’6 so I don’t think I’d make it sink at the bank 😂

here is my cart I’ll be using 

65B83F62-81B1-4133-AF48-F357CF4A8BEA.jpeg

When I had my Outback, I used to take my cart with me all the time. Just use the same holes for the cart, but place the cart through from the top. Some others use a C-Tug cart that is collapsable and easily stows in your front hatch.

As for launching, I'd just drag the bow into the water, pick up the rear end of the kayak up enough so the cart would fall out and push the kayak out enough to load the cart and hop in.

IMG_0757.jpg

• Like 1

Congrats man! I also just recently got my first kayak- also a hobie outback, I have the same wheels as well and I've only launched it once but i recommend what restyle does, but the wheels we have do not fold down and I just pop the wheels out and leave them on shore and retrieve them when I'm packing up my outback, you can also put them inside your kayak in the holes like green hornet but I have a livewell there. 

Happy Fishing,

Albert

Sure is exciting times 😁 I thInk for now while I don’t have a live well I’ll slot them in the shaft holes ontop so I don’t go through the extra work for now. I’ll post up some pictures soon of my rig once I’ve set it all up! Thanks everyone!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...