A quick session on the Carp

big Neil

Good morning everyone. Great to see a bit of blue sky again, even though the weather is still a bit on the cool side. I was up early as usual, and watched a TV show about the plight to increase the populations of Mary River Cod. These are another of the Murray Cod family that are in critically low numbers. Interesting show which showed the work being done to breed and restock the northernmost rivers, to boost their numbers.

I did a bit of work in the studio, had brekky and decided on a quick session at the channel. The regulator was barely open and there was a small amount of flow on the far bank. Managed to score a few worms and used them on one rod, bread on the other. It was lovely sitting out in the sunshine and chatting with the people who were passing by. One guy stayed for a while and we chatted about fishing locally. He helped land the second Carp and we chatted some more. Not as big as the ones from last week. So just the 2 Carp in 1.5 hrs, but a welcome change from all the rain which we have had.

2 Carp bite the dust (mud actually)...

416935951_IMG_3997(3)rs.thumb.jpg.36436926bcd863fe7a9bff331f4da6de.jpg

bn

• Like 8

Good to see you out and wetting a line.

Probably not interested but I will be going to Burrenjuck come Cod opening for a few days, will take the Savage down , probably spend 3 days sitting in the cabin watching the rain come down, but have a think about it.

All my Burrinjuck mates have passed on now so it will be different for me without Marty and John.

As it gets closer I will put a post on here to see IF some members want to come and share a cabin and a boat.

Frank

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, frankS said:

Good to see you out and wetting a line.

Probably not interested but I will be going to Burrenjuck come Cod opening for a few days, will take the Savage down , probably spend 3 days sitting in the cabin watching the rain come down, but have a think about it.

All my Burrinjuck mates have passed on now so it will be different for me without Marty and John.

As it gets closer I will put a post on here to see IF some members want to come and share a cabin and a boat.

Frank

I have made a note in my diary Frank but will wait and see how the weather progresses between now and then. Hopefully we may get some dry weather.  Let me know the final details when the time gets nearer. Cheers, Neil