Foreshore Drive Boat Ramp

the skipper

Hi all,

Has anybody recently had issues with the ramp at Foreshore Drive Botany with it being too slippery as a mate of mine almost lost his trailer and ute just pulling the trailer out after launching. I know it has been an issue in the past where people have ended up in the drink  

15 minutes ago, noelm said:

Don't know anything about it, but, recently there was a thread about towing and slippery ramps, lots said it's not an issue at all, reality is often different!

Maybe we where just lucky or had done our homework at the times we used the ramps in regards to that post on towing.Many cars go into the drink due to operator error like not putting car in park or first gear with handbrake engaged, having 💩 tyres/tread, ramp slime/moss,algae,launching/retrieving at low tide,not using wheel chocks,etc,etc as you know.

We don’t have the full story on what happened here but i bet the answer is somewhere in what I said above.

if anyone takes anything away from this poor guys tragedy is INSPECT THE RAMP,MAKE SURE YOU HAVE GOOD TYRES AND USE WHEEL CHOCKS!!! If in doubt don’t go out.

• Like 2