Vintage gear

slothparade

What Vintage are you referring to ?

In different fields vintage is a term used to detemine the approx age of a item, in furniture 50 years old could be classed as Vintage, in other fields as little as 20 years old could be considered Vintage.

With fishing gear it is in my opinion that an item 40 years or older would be classed as Vintage.

Antique on the other hand is generally class as 100 years old in must fields.

Frank

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, frankS said:

What Vintage are you referring to ?

In different fields vintage is a term used to detemine the approx age of a item, in furniture 50 years old could be classed as Vintage, in other fields as little as 20 years old could be considered Vintage.

With fishing gear it is in my opinion that an item 40 years or older would be classed as Vintage.

Antique on the other hand is generally class as 100 years old in must fields.

Frank

From a bit of research the rod appears to be from the 50s-70s and the reel looks to be from the 60s-80s

On 11/10/2022 at 11:46 AM, Green Hornet said:

I have a small collection of old reels, mainly dating back to the 1960’s and know of a few other Raiders that also collect.

Perhaps throw up a couple of photos and we can possibly help identify exactly what you have.

will do, sorry not been feeling well hence not been active. the hayfever has really been getting to me