Change boat trailer registration weight details in NSW

Peter C

I have an unbraked small boat trailer where the rego papers states it’s weight at 260kg. I took it to a weigh bridge and it actually weighs 210kg. If it were registered at the correct weight of 210kgs it would not need a safety inspection plus the cost of the rta maa registration fee would drop significantly. Can I take my weigh bridge weight certificate to RTA MAA service centre and have the weight details changed to the correct weight which would drop the price of the registration fee? I would be most interested if anyone has done or tried this. 
PS. Not sure what they name themselves these days so just called the RTA MAA. 

To do the above, you would need a certified copy of the certificate from an authorised weighbridge business.

Try one in your area, but you have not mentioned your location by council area.

Best idea is to make a phone call to Service NSW for details.

I have already done this to two of my boat trailers - my old one and the one I have now (for any trailer braked or un-braked trailer, if the weight is less than 254 there is no weight tax nore do you need it checked ever year)

1) first you need to go to a public  weighbridge and have it weighed - (I used the one in Endfield) 

2) then you have to take it to a petrol station that does blue slips to change the RTA records

- this is best to be done prior to your rego been due so the record has already been changed - I save $100 on weight tax and no inspection