Walsh bay

Aussie_fisher

Hi guys, was hoping to go to Walsh bay in Sydney harbour for a flick. Are the piers any good? They seem quite high, so what pound braid and leader would I have to use if I want bigger fish like salmon or kingies? Are there squid there which I could catch and use as live bait for the kingies? And also have any of you guys been there and had success with any big fish? Or are there just dink snapper and bream. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Yeah Walsh bay can be ok. There's a school of kings that regularly live around the piers. I use 50 lbs braid and 50 lbs fluro, for kings. For trevs much lighter. 

Around the sides, there are squid, really slowly bring the lure back, personally didn't have much success but they are there, there's also yakkas there, but need burely.

1 st time there was broken off by something big, second time someone next to me pulls out a 10 kg bonito. 

The king's are weird there, best bait is live prawns though 👍

Thanks mate for the advice. Relatively new to fishing for fish other than your average bream or flathead, so I’m glad I joined fish raider. On YouTube I’ve seen whoppers caught at Walsh bay, including kingfish, salmon and bonito. My mate told me his mate once went fishing there and caught the biggest sambo of his life. The only worry I have is let’s say luck is on my side, and I do manage to hook on to a monster, it may go under the pier, and snap the line. Along with that, lifting the fish up 3m will be a challenge to say in the least. Or maybe I’m just exaggerating things 😬 have you managed to land a decent fish there? Also, how would you get live prawns, as I’ve never been prawning before so. Thanks heaps for the help. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...