Wheel bearings

Bryant fish

Best guess, RUST........without seeing it, we can only guess, but, it's a simple enough job to remove bearings and repack or replace them if they are bad. Jack the wheel up and give it a spin, if you can hear it "rumble" it needs new bearings.

• Like 1

Regardless of grease colour blue,red,brown that has gone milky or rust coloured means waters gotten in and corrosion has begun.

My advice is at the bare minimum buy rear seals,remove,clean,inspect/replace bearings and re-install.

You won’t be the first or last to breakdown or kill others or yourself possibly if you don’t over laziness and a few pennies.

cheers.

I'm the same Noel have the bearings as I keep spares in the Ute

I did have one go years ago but it was on the m1 not a place to change them $300 for a tow truck. Fab yeah your right will do them this week bloody mechanic wants 3 or 4hundred$ I just paid him $2500 for head on wife's car that blew 3 weeks after I paid deposit on a new Ute that I took delivery of on Thursday  expensive  couple of weeks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, noelm said:

I am putting off doing the bearings on the tinny, I saw a bit of brown/rusty grease on the rim and keep saying "I must do that" I have the bearings, it's just a "soon" job.

My “soon” has been up to 20yrs later.

• Like 1