Topwater Confidential - Central coast addition

Bennyg78

I have been holidaying up the coast with the family, and been heading out each morning for my fill of topwater addiction until a relo got the spicey flu and we all went home in the 31st December.

I have a few spots I hit up there for my topwater fishing, one spot right near the central coast stadium produces fish constantly. I hit that up twice and got a nice 31 cm bream (pictured)and tailor on the slippery dog.

The next day I decided to flick around my local water way around davistown (where I stay). I was a bit late getting up and the tide had already shrunk back on the run out, I wasn’t having much luck when on the last cast I managed to a chunky 37 cm Tailor(pictured)

The next day I decided to hit some of the lagoons around the coast, I managed to snag a few small whiting but the absolute highlight was to come next.

I had a sugar pen tied on and was casting around, I saw a line of reeds on the bank and thought I’d cast out and work it back inline with them. When I did, I had this huge suck suck hit from the water, but missed the hook up. I thought it might have been a monster bream. So I thought I’d cast back out and see if it will hit again. Working that lure back twitching that lure then the suck suck and a good hook up, I had managed to get my first top water flattie which was awesome. The fish would have been lying in about 30-40cm of water.

It wasn’t a massive one at 47cm but the hit was awesome and I was pumped to tick it off the list(pictured)

Happy new year all 

5E2E1312-AB32-4F59-B4BF-7EBFEB9C69E2.jpeg

069D06DE-8BFD-4DAA-8C64-D42AD6474223.jpeg

99014B9E-3F21-49C5-B827-36FFFFDD0F37.jpeg

• Like 12