Kingfish Getting Eaten !saturday 14/01

REKLESS

Gidday all,

I got out with my brother Dan on the Saturday and we had a bit of luck along with the rest of sydney with the kings.We were just off south head and were catching the things on just about everything I could throw at them.The average size was pretty small but we did manage four keepers that were around the 65-70 mark and I had it sussed on to getting a bigger fish.

I did hook one fish and while fighting it on 30lb gear and was loosing quite a bit of line to what was obviously a much better one I felt a few bumps ,then a little slack and then it just took off on me,the line angled up and I was thinking it was either a Marlin or a filthy great bitey coming up to have a look at what all the fuss was about..........wrong, 8 foot of flippin great big New zealand fur seal,it had my king in its mouth and was proceeding to knock it out so it could eat him.The fur seal wa pretty friendly and came right up to the boat when we could see someones 24cm nilsmaster invincible (light blue) with all three trebles embeded into the top of his head.

I can imagine that it would sting a little and he was not impressed with his new headdress either!,I was tempted to ring someone ........but who,?,I could imagine the responce would have been to humanely remove the three trebles gently and avoid 300kg+ of pissed off water dog!,still I got to see something new,I should imagine that he will remove them soon and with a little luck the hook that was in my king will pass through him ,I hope it makes his eyes water a little!!.

Simon

Gidday all,

I got out with my brother Dan on the Saturday and we had a bit of luck along with the rest of sydney with the kings.We were just off south head and were catching the things on just about everything I could throw at them.The average size was pretty small but we did manage four keepers that were around the 65-70 mark and I had it sussed on to getting a bigger fish.

I did hook one fish and while fighting it on 30lb gear and was loosing quite a bit of line to what was obviously a much better one I felt a few bumps ,then a little slack and then it just took off on me,the line angled up and I was thinking it was either a Marlin or a filthy great bitey coming up to have a look at what all the fuss was about..........wrong, 8 foot of flippin great big New zealand fur seal,it had my king in its mouth and was proceeding to knock it out so it could eat him.The fur seal wa pretty friendly and came right up to the boat when we could see someones 24cm nilsmaster invincible (light blue) with all three trebles embeded into the top of his head.

I can imagine that it would sting a little and he was not impressed with his new headdress either!,I was tempted to ring someone ........but who,?,I could imagine the responce would have been to humanely remove the three trebles gently and avoid 300kg+ of pissed off water dog!,still I got to see something new,I should imagine that he will remove them soon and with a little luck the hook that was in my king will pass through him ,I hope it makes his eyes water a little!!.

Simon

:Funny-Post::Funny-Post::Funny-Post::Funny-Post::Funny-Post:

Thats XLNT reading mate,

Well done

Cheers

Trev