Setting up rudder on a Seak Mako 3.9

fredflathead

Just bought a Seak Ma. ko 3.9 need to set the rudder up. I have two Australis Sea Kayaks and the rudders were set up on a different system. Is there any info on YouTube on how to do this, I have just started into this type of fishing, I have an 18 ft half cabin boat. I will be using the kayak for The Entrance, Carcoar Dam, Wallis Lake and Oberon Dam as it will be better than shoreline fishing. Thanks Norm

3 minutes ago, fredflathead said:

THanks 

what area were you having trouble with? also its worth looking at getting a motor for the seak, its cumbersome to paddle but insanely stable. i use mine for fresh water and bream fishing and crabbing, hence ive got a motor. 

never found the rudder all that effective, the motor is alright, 24 was reasonable but i found 54 was pretty good, though the weight adds up really quickly. also the rudder leaks, not the worst but just keep that in mind.

2 hours ago, slothparade said:

what area were you having trouble with? also its worth looking at getting a motor for the seak, its cumbersome to paddle but insanely stable. i use mine for fresh water and bream fishing and crabbing, hence ive got a motor. 

never found the rudder all that effective, the motor is alright, 24 was reasonable but i found 54 was pretty good, though the weight adds up really quickly. also the rudder leaks, not the worst but just keep that in mind.

I spent 7 yrs with 1 Commando paddling 2 man klepper canoes load with gear so quite use to hard paddling. Not interesed in a motor I also  have 2 sea kayaks.

The wife and I worked out how the foot pedals work.

Thanks for the reply.

• Like 1