New prop

Bryant fish

So as i posted a few daye ago i had to replace a damaged prop,new one arrived and while its the same diameter it is larger than the old ones my question is would an alloy prop erode much after 20 years i do use the boat regularly but don’t know how many hours also being a twin setup will it affect performance much i dont want to do something that means i cant return new one if its not suitable or do i need to replace both props cheers

The hull is i think from 1987 one motor I bought new in 2004 the other a 2002 vintage that i paid $900 for about 8 years ago boat originally cost me $5000 off a mate it only has a top speed of around 25 knots but its only calm water i do that so i cant see the point on expensive props but i see from your name your a hoon😊

Jerry is also an ex-racer so every performance bit counts.
I’ve owned a 40hp Tohatsu back in the late 80s and it had an alloy prop and went well. Same with the 40 mariner and johnno. Especially for fishing requirements. 

But I would put a new prop on - keep the rig balanced - by getting the same performance out of both motors at the same revs. 
Perhaps sell the old working prop to recover some cash… or keep it as an emergency spare (but you have a whole spare motor for emergency use).

cheers Zoran

Hey zoran i got a new one prop yesterday and it looks a lot bigger than the original that’s why i was asking about wear on alloys it doesn’t really matter because the one supplied doesn’t fit onto the shaft properly ie about 10mm play between prop and washer /locknut so will have to return it . I willsend old one so they what size i need but with all the postage i should have just got an original just something for others to think about 

So spoke to the supplier today the prop is ok with the tohatsu there is a spacer that I didn’t know about that i took off 1of the original ones.now i just have to see what its like on the water on that the new one is a lot thicker material so im interested in how much they wear over time