spit bridge land based fishing

faker

I don't believe there are amenities on the northern side, southern side has a toilet block about 200m away from the bridge.

Regarding species, pretty much anything is the answer... the water gets very deep very quick around there so you get plenty of pelagics (kingies, salmon, bonito etc) coming through, resident sharks, jewies, and of course your regular bream, flatties, whiting.

Im a lure guy, but If I'm ever fishing here I'd focus on light gear, but also have a larger rod ready with a metal, in case you see bust ups.

@Obsessed Fisherman fishes here regularly so might be able to provide more insight.

Edit... if your using bait, try squid strips, the fresher the better. I've got some decent bream around here on squid in the past.

Edited by R E G I C Y C L E
  • Like 1

Heaps of options there.

You can walk the sand flat at Clontarf and then walk further along the drop off. Then there is also the spit reserve to walk and cast from. Like @R E G I C Y C L EI only use lures and have had a fair few good sessions there.

You can catch anything there but it’s more fun on light gear

Edited by Bennyg78
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bennyg78 said:

Heaps of options there.

You can walk the sand flat at Clontarf and then walk further along the drop off. Then there is also the spit reserve to walk and cast from. Like @R E G I C Y C L EI only use lures and have had a fair few good sessions there.

You can catch anything there but it’s more fun on light gear

oh I was just thinking to find a place where i can lure fish and another rod with with some life bait for a kingfish or mulloway

16 hours ago, R E G I C Y C L E said:

I don't believe there are amenities on the northern side, southern side has a toilet block about 200m away from the bridge.

Regarding species, pretty much anything is the answer... the water gets very deep very quick around there so you get plenty of pelagics (kingies, salmon, bonito etc) coming through, resident sharks, jewies, and of course your regular bream, flatties, whiting.

Im a lure guy, but If I'm ever fishing here I'd focus on light gear, but also have a larger rod ready with a metal, in case you see bust ups.

@Obsessed Fisherman fishes here regularly so might be able to provide more insight.

Edit... if your using bait, try squid strips, the fresher the better. I've got some decent bream around here on squid in the past.

yea I was thinking if servo squid would work or i could always buy some from seafood place. What you reckon?