Winter fishing sydney harbour

faker

Hi guys,

Since winter is right around the corner. I want to fish through the winter with lures.

The reasoning is If I can consistently get techniques correct and catch fish during harder months. Summer Months will be a breeze

Not sure what I should be targeting for a reasonable chance of success.

Species that I think might be possible are

1. Trevally
  2. Tailor????(Not Sure if they are around)
  3. Snapper( Not Sure landbased)
  4. Winter Bream? (hard mode due to them in deeper water. fishing them on harbor beaches may not be viable)
  5. Winter Flathead(hard mode due to them in deeper water. fishing them on harbor beaches may not be viable)
  6. Salmon(are they winter or are they summer fish?)

What are your opinions?

I find winter fishes just as well as summer, you may not catch as many fish but the size is often better

the biggest difference is scrap the summer early morning starts let the sun warm the water a bit

Amy and I are setting ourselves a winter challenge to see how many different species of fish we can catch over this winter

• Like 4

The main 3 species I look forward to with winter is John Dory, Luderick, and Hairtail.

Tailor and Salmon will still be around , night time Bream always on the cards and Cuttle fish breading and the male dying sets a huge feeding feast for any offshore specie especially Snapper.

Gentlemans hours come into vogue and there is not as much boat traffic about.

Get out there and enjoy.

Frank 

• Like 3