Big tailor at Iron Cove (night)

Low tide tonight arrived underneath iron cove bridge (city side) about 8pm, mate Paul and i tied on surface lures, Chug Norris 50s. The new carpark by the sports ground is finished and after easy parking and a minute walk we started casting under the bridge pylons from shore. 

30 mins and a new PB for both of us, with a 56cm for me and a 52cm for him (Paul in the hi vis). 

Followed by both losing the lures, snapped off on more big fish so we called it a night early, with grins all the way to our ears!

Both on 6lb. Looking back at my old photos of my previous best tailor they were at same location in previous Mays. Been plenty of good size tailor up the cooks river lately too, a great time to be working surface before it gets much colder. 

463086EB-2BCB-484D-BA36-16B548A12222.thumb.jpeg.22b873b6e127a0660b9ae9a3d00fc1a3.jpeg

394F84F6-AA90-4490-98C3-D2FF78A20E2C.thumb.jpeg.fccea86b7345963da0e8427cb96b2cdc.jpeg

821460AC-6845-4E66-9735-31CE7A713955.thumb.jpeg.5265d5b340f5007f1c1a03e3056ed3de.jpeg

See you out there! Mike

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, Little_Flatty said:

A couple of solid Tailor there Mike, well done to you two!

Sometimes one or two decent fish is all you need😎

Yes it was one of those sessions where we just out to be out, and rather than tie on and catch more we figured celebrate with a pizza instead. It was his birthday, and his first catch on surface - pretty good way to celebrate the big day!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, noelm said:

Lake Illawarra is full of big ones too, normally they are just little "choppers" but this year, they are a few KG, no idea what's going on this year.

Not sure if the upper Parra fish got the memo 🤔

At Meadowbank they are still in their micro-sized, lure shredding prime!🤣🤬

That said, I haven’t had a decent fish for a while, right now I’m holed up at home with the flu 😩

11 hours ago, Mike Sydney said:

Yes it was one of those sessions where we just out to be out, and rather than tie on and catch more we figured celebrate with a pizza instead. It was his birthday, and his first catch on surface - pretty good way to celebrate the big day!

Nothing wrong with a celebratory pizza 😎

• Like 1

Stonker Tailor and great report !

32 minutes ago, Little_Flatty said:

Not sure if the upper Parra fish got the memo 🤔

At Meadowbank they are still in their micro-sized, lure shredding prime!🤣🤬

That said, I haven’t had a decent fish for a while, right now I’m holed up at home with the flu 😩

Nothing wrong with a celebratory pizza 😎

Sorry to hear that you’re sick Mike ! Now is my time to strike - I’m going to flog Meadowbank with every lure in my armoury until the river is a seething mass of foam 🤣🤣🤣

P.S get well soon mate !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1