more middle harbour snapper

Hi team,

Made it out yesterday afternoon just down to cremorne point in the Kayak.

Paddled around to a few spots with not much luck (one good bream). Decided to head in close to the shore and tie up to a buoy. I immediately hooked something large on the sabiki (i swear i am a world record holder for hooking d fish on the sabiki). Inevitably lost it as it headed down and tangled around the buoy chain. On my bigger set up the action happened straight away also with a few high 20cms snapper then got a really good one that engulfed my bait and took off. Managed to keep him away from all the ropes and got it in the yak. 36cm, second week in a row for legal snapper in the harbour. Really pleased with that and then the bite died off as quickly as it started. Its really hit and miss down there but can be good and such an easy spot to launch and paddle (as long as you're not frantically paddling across the channel when a ferry is coming. Thanks.

IMG_20230528_162446.jpg

Edited by kiwibrown
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, kiwibrown said:

Hi team,

Made it out yesterday afternoon just down to cremorne point in the Kayak.

Paddled around to a few spots with not much luck (one good bream). Decided to head in close to the shore and tie up to a buoy. I immediately hooked something large on the sabiki (i swear i am a world record holder for hooking d fish on the sabiki). Inevitably lost it as it headed down and tangled around the buoy chain. On my bigger set up the action happened straight away also with a few high 20cms snapper then got a really good one that engulfed my bait and took off. Managed to keep him away from all the ropes and got it in the yak. 36cm, second week in a row for legal snapper in the harbour. Really pleased with that and then the bite died off as quickly as it started. Its really hit and miss down there but can be good and such an easy spot to launch and paddle (as long as you're not frantically paddling across the channel when a ferry is coming. Thanks.

IMG_20230528_162446.jpg

what were you using to catch it?

1 hour ago, LuckyFil said:

That’s a good reddie to get in the harbour.

Love your comment about record catches on a sabiki 😆 why do they have to pick the lightest rig you’ve got out!!

hahah happens a lot more than i would like. Now Sabiki rigs are reasonably heavy so you can fight a fish long enough to make you think gotcha until is snaps off after 10 mins

• Like 1