Bate Bay

Yowie

Headed out to Bate Bay this arvo. My fishing mate cancelled, so headed out by myself. Wind not too strong, though a little bit stronger than forecast.

About 3 hours of fishing for the small result. Plenty of spikies in closer - they thined out in the deeper water, but so did the bites. Only 2 legal blue spots, and 2 unders that were released. Also a just under tailor, and an occie that held on to the sinker until I lifted it out of the water, but it fell into the water and not the boat.

Not a brilliant day at all, and a couple of whales heading north close to the shoreline.

fish.jpeg.400_files_files_files_files.jpg

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, Isaac Ct said:

At least you got out, bit of rain coming so inside might turn on a bit.

Well done.

4 fillets for the wife and myself, better than none.

Not enough rain coming to stir up the fish that much. The bream out the front of my mothers house have disappeared, though a few swimming about in the deep further up river.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rebel said:

As they say, better than nothing.

Well done.

Yep, better than nothing, however, just enough for a feed.

9 hours ago, bessell1955 said:

A nice feed.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, campr said:

Remindef me of a day on Botany bay a couple of years ago.  Caught 6 small occies all hanging on to the sinker but none on the bait.  Strange.  Ron 

The bait sits a short distance above the sinker, yet the occies hang onto the sinker. :wacko:

3 hours ago, Larkin said:

managed a meal 👍

Pitty about the occy - would you have kept it?

they’re great eating - I prefer them over squid. 

Just a meal. Hoping the occie would hang on a bit longer after being retrieved from near 200 feet down, but no, he had to let go of the sinker at the surface.

1 hour ago, Fab1 said:

You certainly put in the effort and reap the rewards no matter how small mate.Love your work.

Thanks Fab.

Have not heard from you for a while, though the fishing is a bit quiet due to the cooler weather and water temp.

19 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Yep, better than nothing, however, just enough for a feed.

Thank you.

The bait sits a short distance above the sinker, yet the occies hang onto the sinker. :wacko:

Just a meal. Hoping the occie would hang on a bit longer after being retrieved from near 200 feet down, but no, he had to let go of the sinker at the surface.

Thanks Fab.

Have not heard from you for a while, though the fishing is a bit quiet due to the cooler weather and water temp.

Been overseas working on maintaining my 128kg of pure manly sexiness eating,drinking and being merry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3