leather jackets sydney harbour

dunc333

hi guys and girls im wanting to target some big winter leatherys from my boat in sydney harbour ,i have had some success at  goat island and cockatoo island but i want target some 1kg + jobs anyone have any intell you could share cheers dunc333

2 hours ago, dunc333 said:

hi guys and girls im wanting to target some big winter leatherys from my boat in sydney harbour ,i have had some success at  goat island and cockatoo island but i want target some 1kg + jobs anyone have any intell you could share cheers dunc333

Can only relate what you already would be aware of dunc333...structure.    bn

Be a big ask to get a 1kg leatherjacket in the Harbour, maybe a big Sixspine or more towards the Heads you may encounter a Mosiac which get over a Kilo.

The common type you would get in the Harbour, Yellowfin and Fanbelly get up that size but that would be pushing their limit and would be rare.

Good luck and I hope you get one. Let us know how you go.

• Thanks 1

yes thanks mate in summer i get some good size ones at the weddingcake but not so in winter i seem to catch alot of small ones 250grams to 500grams. i really enjoy the sportsmanship of catching them it like a game of chess it has come quite addictive lol .

On 7/2/2023 at 9:49 AM, dunc333 said:

Send a PM to Wazathefisherman. He will know where they get to in Winter. He's a wealth of knowledge and will always help somebody out if he can. Good luck, bn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1