How to trigger reaction bite

faker

So I was fishing around middle harbour at another new spot today and was able to get some pike to follow soft plastics multiple times but the fish refuse to commit. Due to nature of area I was only twitching it at middle column and can't hop it off bottom due to snags

I tried burn and stop, slow rolls + pause etc but not sure what I need for reaction bite people keep talking about.

Anyone with insight to it?

It’s more complex than that , you need to try different colours ,types of lures and different techniques -sometimes nothing you try will work. Did you try a vibe ?  Maybe something that flashes like a wobbler ? Maybe finnesse with a slow sink and minimal movement ? Don’t forget lures that create a surface disruption either .

• Like 4

That's one of the most frustrating parts of fishing, the follow, when they follow try different colours  and lures, sometimes speeding the retrieve can make them commit

A "reaction bite" is when a fish will hit a lure merely because it's there, flashy or noisy lures often get reaction bites

• Like 4

Are you saying you want to catch pike 😱 normally they will hit just about anything you put in front of them even squid jigs. Like any fish though, they have times where they are inactive to feed. I fish a few spots where I can see pike and other more desirable species follow my lures but not take them, this can all suddenly change in an instance though when the feeding clock turns on.

A couple of things to look into are barometric pressure and tide states, have a look at these links to see if they help at all. 

https://socialfishing.com.au/2015/12/01/the-weather-effect-pt-1-barometric-pressure/

https://www.oceanbluefishing.com/magazine/understanding-your-barometer-and-barometric-pressure/