Palm Beach

jgoodare

I’m trying to catch my first squid and I’m wondering if you have any tips on where to catch them along the beach or on the wharf.also when you catch some of those big snapper and such are you casting out if so how far or are you dropping your bait down. Thanks

Welcome and thanks @Little_Flatty

@jgoodare you are on the right track on using the search engine here to find thousands of posts on the questions you are asking. 

You only joined us a few hours ago. The posts you have posted on were posted 8 or so years ago. Start a new post if needed. I have moved this to a new post in Fishing Chat. 
Here is a post to introduce yourself to the community so members know a little about your fishing experience, age, general location, landbased or boater etc. It helps to give you the answers you need. 

Look forward to reading your fishing reports 

• Like 1

I fish Palm Beach rocks quite a lot. The rocks at southern end of Palm Beach can be very productive for squid. The area around the swimming pool can be productive as well although I haven't fished that area much. Trying to catch squid off the beach itself is probably waste of time. The beach on the Pittwater side (Station Beach) might hold some squid. However, it's very shallow. Palm Beach Public Wharf is also worth a try. This was my best session on squid from April 2019 from the Palmy rocks.

01 Tailor, Garfish, Squid - Palm Beach - 13-APR-19.jpg

• Like 1