Bate Bay

Had to work Friday night and the weather looked favourable so thought I would get the boat out Friday morning head out about 6 wind was a bit stronger than predicted headed out to about the 60m mark wind was pushing me quickly south with only small spikes motored north toward boat harbour in about 35m got the sea anchor out to see if I could slow the drift first fish was happy moment decent size but sent him back wasn’t long into the drift and both rods went off two nice blue spots flatheads 50 & 40cm models then back to the spikes for the rest of the drift.Pulled sea anchor in and headed back to the start of the drift hoping to find the blue spots only to get one at 36cm wind had started to drop off so headed back to the mark where I had caught the three blue spots was long and the wind changed direction coming from the south so I headed back to another mark towards Jibbon beach to start another drift north using the sea anchor again to slow the drift managed another two flatheads in the 40cm range.Decided it was time to try for some squid something I hadn’t tried before headed over to little Jibbon beach in about 8m after about 4 cast bang had my first squid had one more drift without success it was time to head home.All fish were caught on soft plastics.

IMG_1429.jpeg

IMG_1431.jpeg

IMG_6463.jpeg

IMG_6462.jpeg

IMG_1432.jpeg

• Like 8

Very nice.

As I was out there Friday, and there were not too many boats about, I probably spotted your boat moving about.

I headed back just as the wind turned southerly, as had enough for a few feeds.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 7:48 PM, Yowie said:

Very nice.

As I was out there Friday, and there were not too many boats about, I probably spotted your boat moving about.

I headed back just as the wind turned southerly, as had enough for a few feeds.

Thanks Yowie wasn’t many around at all it was a good day.